Sleeper's 55 gallon pics

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined the Chattanooga forum a week or so ago. I was playing with my camera and the panorama function so here is what I have so far for a full tank shot. As you can see it has a long way to go but hopefully will have some new additions after the frag swap this weekend.

Panorama1.jpg

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ...
I love the aquascape, what equipment do you have?

What is the power brewing?
Bye ...

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! what kind of light are you running? also i would suggest a skimmer as well

Currently running 96wt T5HO. So I'm sticking with low light stuff. I definately plan to get a skimmer ASAP, and I have a 20g already in the stand for when I can afford the overflow and return pump. Skimmer will probably be a Christmas purchase. So I was just gonna add a few zoa's untill then.

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Be careful with the coral beauty. Mine was reefsafe for 6 months or so and now its favorite snack is zoas.

So far he doest even look at the small colony of brown zoa's that came in as a hitchiker, but don't worry the first time he screws with my corals he is back to the LFS for credit.

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words guys. Here is a list of equip and stock so far, 55g, 40lbs LR, 40lbs LS, 96wt T5HO lights, maxi-jet 600 (moded), Korellia 1, emperor 280 with bio-wheel. Tomato clown, sixline wrasse, coral beauty, cleaner shrimp, snails and hermits.

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ...
I think that your mix is too low, even with the maxi-jet moded, that's why you have a whiteout on the surface of the water ;-)

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that an emp 400? if so u can mod that in to a HOB fuge. Also if u want i have a skimmer body of seaclone all u need is a mj 1200 its urs for 40 bucks

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ...
I think that your mix is too low, even with the maxi-jet moded, that's why you have a whiteout on the surface of the water ;-)

I'm not sure I understand you Trull. You are saying I need more flow? or more powerheads? I haven't heard the "whiteout" term before. I am thinking by mix you mean water flow.

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that an emp 400? if so u can mod that in to a HOB fuge. Also if u want i have a skimmer body of seaclone all u need is a mj 1200 its urs for 40 bucks

I'm gonna have to think about that one. The price is right but I have heard nothing but bad reviews on the sea-clone. Its the emp with only the one side so I would have to take the carbon out to add the rubble and macro algae. May do that at some point but right now I think I need the carbon. Plus after I get everything moved below, I can divide the 20 g into a sump/fuge hopefully.

I have so much to learn.

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I understand you Trull. You are saying I need more flow? or more powerheads? I haven't heard the "whiteout" term before. I am thinking by mix you mean water flow.

Yes i'm sorry, i'm french and i'm not a very good englishspeaker...

Yes i'm saying about you need more flow, i don't know the word in English to say that you have fine white particles on the surface of the water, if you had more flow, you dont have this particle and you have more gas exchange.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not so much u need more flow a mj1200 with a mod is 1600gph plus im assuming its a k1 is 400gph which is 2000gph with out any corals....thats awsome, i think u should just aim one up at the surface of the water to create surface movement and better gas exchange

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus the 280 from the emp thats 2280 gph which is a turn over rate of 41 times an hour. Pretty good IMO

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies guys, I think alot of what you are seeing is bubbles secondary to the emp 280's return. It provides some surface agitation, If I need more it would be easy to turn the K1 up at the surface.

Here are some more shots of my tank inhabitants.

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back