Small Quiet DC Return Pump?

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I got a Innovative Marine Concept Abyss Peninsula tank last year from Reef-a-Palooza and was only able to set it up now. The stock return pump turned out to be pretty noisy no matter how much I fiddled with the impeller.
I need a return pump that can fit in a 2.8” by 6” footprint. Preferably DC but AC works fine in the range of about 200-300GPH. I’ve seen the MightyJet pumps and Sicce pumps, but are there any others that ya’ll would recommend?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new