Something wrong with my chemi pure elite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noah707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Noah707

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2014
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I just opened a container of chemi pure elite for 20 gallon tanks. I've only used this once before, in the nano size for a freshwater tank. I remember opening it and the contend being dry, black, and having a moderate amount of dust when rinsed. I just opened this one, and there was a dark liquid inside, which the bag was soaked in. Some of the beads also have a reddish tint. I literally rinsed it for 3 minutes straight with a TON of crap coming out, the same dark liquid and lots of what I assume is carbon dust. Now it's still producing the same stuff just not as much. Should I not use?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new