SPS + 2 Day Shipping = ???

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experiance with this? FedEx really dropped the ball and I have a digi, monti cap and a birdsnest in transit for an extra day.

Just wondering if I have a shot at getting them alive.

Thanks

OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bit more info, the package was dropped off Monday, FedEx didn't pick it up until today @ 5 so it was in a building not to exposed to the elements.
I'll get it tomorrow and have it in my office until 5 p.m. so I'm hoping something makes it.

The seller is a solid guy and is willing to work something out at least once I see the damage.

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were packed well, I would think most if not all will make it. 48hrs is pushing it, but I have seen them survive longer.

limestro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experiance with this? FedEx really dropped the ball and I have a digi, monti cap and a birdsnest in transit for an extra day.

Just wondering if I have a shot at getting them alive.

Thanks

Although it wasn't coral that was shipped. I had one experience where FedEx held the package for an extra day because it was 1 day early from its delivery date. I only experienced this once. Made me wonder though.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had one come to me that was in transit for 3 days

it was fine depends on how well it was packed and a buddy had one come in with no water in it and white and the coral came back

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most sps that are transhipped don't see the light of day for upward of 3 days give or take.

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS will do better than a softie. I shipped some frags on a MR swap. The guy on the other end left his house and the package came a day late. Two orange rics, vaporized!

OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't realize the thread was still going :)

As an update I did get the package and the water was to warm. I lost the Orange Monti Caps and the Tubs Birdsnest but the German Blue Digi is doing great.

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx has still not delivered OP’s box
Sounds about right.

So how many of us have had overnight shipping packages delayed a day in 2022?

I'm in it now. The vendor offered both UPS or FedEx. I paid extra for UPS because, you know... FedEx

But it's delayed anyway. We'll see how things look tomorrow

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back