OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's wild. Never seen it happen in all my years keeping Acros. I also have been dosing Acro Power for over a decade so I would be surprised to hear that was the cause.
Yea acropower or any other aminos are not the cause. However once issue develops, it does or it can make it worse.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea acropower or any other aminos are not the cause. However once issue develops, it does or it can make it worse.
Agreed…. It’s a strange phenomenon without a doubt.. I’ve never experienced it in all my years till this tank.. I didn’t have any loses just ugly stunted growth. Lots of research and nobody had any answers… what gave me hope was people saying they took an infected frag and put it in another tank and it fixed its self! It didn’t infect the rest of the tank so I don’t believe it’s viral or bacterial… I just kept my tank stable and it all sorted its self out! What also gave me hope was I have 60 different acros and only 4 where infected “pink lemonade, pc rainbow, miyagi tort and a blue stag” the rest were fine but not thriving just surviving. I observe my tank everyday very carefully and quit worrying about the bubbles and focused on growth and started feeding gut loaded bacteria to my tank and stuff started taking off and growing super fast and the bubbles were gone! Everything has recovered and is looking great with great growth besides my pink lemonade seems stunted but does have tiny growth tips so that’s a positive sign!

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed…. It’s a strange phenomenon without a doubt.. I’ve never experienced it in all my years till this tank.. I didn’t have any loses just ugly stunted growth. Lots of research and nobody had any answers… what gave me hope was people saying they took an infected frag and put it in another tank and it fixed its self! It didn’t infect the rest of the tank so I don’t believe it’s viral or bacterial… I just kept my tank stable and it all sorted its self out! What also gave me hope was I have 60 different acros and only 4 where infected “pink lemonade, pc rainbow, miyagi tort and a blue stag” the rest were fine but not thriving just surviving. I observe my tank everyday very carefully and quit worrying about the bubbles and focused on growth and started feeding gut loaded bacteria to my tank and stuff started taking off and growing super fast and the bubbles were gone! Everything has recovered and is looking great with great growth besides my pink lemonade seems stunted but does have tiny growth tips so that’s a positive sign!
Hell yea happy for you brother!!. Nothing like seeing tank take off.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I sent in an aquabiomics sample a couple if weeks ago. Ended up swabbing the bubbles on this acro.
20230906_181912.jpg

Should have results here soon.

I did have several losses, but I think I found the cause... my phosphate reagents that I used occasionally were expired. Kept getting readings around .4, which is normal for this tank.
However, with new reagents, it came back at the Hannah ULR max .9. After a dose of 7ml Lanthanum Chloride over the course of a day, (should have reduced Po4 by approximately .3-.4 according to bottle)
Readings came back at .83.
Brought back down to the .3-.4 range since via Lanthanum Chloride. PE has definitely improved.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I sent in an aquabiomics sample a couple if weeks ago. Ended up swabbing the bubbles on this acro.
20230906_181912.jpg

I did have several losses, but I think I found the cause... my phosphate reagents that I used occasionally were expired. Kept getting readings around .4, which is normal for this tank.
However, with new reagents, it came back at the Hannah ULR max .9. After a dose of 7ml Lanthanum Chloride over the course of a day, (should have reduced Po4 by approximately .3-.4 according to bottle)
Brought back down to the .3-.4 range since via Lanthanum Chloride. PE has definitely improved.
Curious if they find anything…. I doubt it’s po4 but who knows at this point.. I’ve been seeing people currently running high nutrients really high with great results lol..

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if they find anything…. I doubt it’s po4 but who knows at this point.. I’ve been seeing people currently running high nutrients really high with great results lol..
For sure. I'm certainly not on the "Nutrients are bad" train, but that big of a jump is concerning.
Things were stable for so long in the nutrients department, that I got lax on the testing. Need to go back to monthly to prevent it from happening again!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. I'm certainly not on the "Nutrients are bad" train, but that big of a jump is concerning.
Things were stable for so long in the nutrients department, that I got lax on the testing. Need to go back to monthly to prevent it from happening again!
It’s def strange and I talked to a couple old skool stick heads and they had no idea what to do.. Sunny x had never seen it or heard of it and blew him away when I showed him my pink Lemonade. I wish there was more info on it or a answer lol.. I mean even experiencing it first hand myself I learned nothing from it and nothing to take from the experience but hold your breath and keep the tank stable it should work out lol..

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s def strange and I talked to a couple old skool stick heads and they had no idea what to do.. Sunny x had never seen it or heard of it and blew him away when I showed him my pink Lemonade. I wish there was more info on it or a answer lol.. I mean even experiencing it first hand myself I learned nothing from it and nothing to take from the experience but hold your breath and keep the tank stable it should work out lol..
20230906_181912.jpg

Yea i highly doubt its a nutrient issue, as i have had this issue with both low and high nutrients. My current Params at 8 dkh 20 nitrates .30 phosphates and all my bubbling has disappeared .

I too reached out to Sunny, WWC , Adam from BC, TSA and no one had much info on this other than a possible unbalance of the big 3. I corrected this and voila....

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquabiomics showed up today.
Interesting results for sure.
A bit concerned about the abundance of Mycobacteria. No idea if it's related or not, but definitely worth sharing.
Aquabiomics results
I’m not even sure what that is lol.. maybe @Randy Holmes-Farley could chime in? Yours seems super high to there normal chart. Reading the wiki it seems it could be bad.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back