SPS--problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mcdy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mcdy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
91
Reaction score
42
Location
Independence
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas here??

received_1959057900864461.jpeg received_531389890960789.jpeg
 
AEFW possibly. Do you see any on the frag? You can dip with Seachem reef dip although if that’s what it is you need to treat the tank.
 
Any ideas here??

received_1959057900864461.jpeg received_531389890960789.jpeg

That’s not a monti or acro.. it’s a stylocoeniella. When’s the last time you saw any PE? and judging by how beige it is you more then likely your nutrients are to low and compounded with to much light.
 
That’s not a monti or acro.. it’s a stylocoeniella. When’s the last time you saw any PE? and judging by how beige it is you more then likely your nutrients are to low and compounded with to much light.
Ok,...yeah I am starting to notice that some things like light and some creatures don't. It's a challenge figuring this stuff out. I won 25 frags in a raffle and it had taken some research to figure out what and how to care for them.
 
AEFW possibly. Do you see any on the frag? You can dip with Seachem reef dip although if that’s what it is you need to treat the tank.
This is interesting because last night I was shining a flashlight in the tank and I saw "a black bug" looking creature that crawled across the rocks and out of the light. It almost looked like a small version of a beetle but black. I tried getting a pick but I moved to slow.
 
This is interesting because last night I was shining a flashlight in the tank and I saw "a black bug" looking creature that crawled across the rocks and out of the light. It almost looked like a small version of a beetle but black. I tried getting a pick but I moved to slow.
Not even a beetle,...maybe even a longer version of a lady bug, just black.
 
Those are my stylos. Probably getting 120 to 150 par. And shaded. They do not like light
 
Definitely bottom to mid part of your tank. Not sure of your lighting setup. Good flow, too
Really,....so place them lo and in the shade, under a rock??
 
I have 4 kessils on a 108. It's def a medium light coral
 
What makes you say that? It’s not even an acro.

Because I had them eat my stylo. Those are clean cut lines on his frag. That does not appear to be tissue receding, rather something eating away “cleanly” at it.
 
Because I had them eat my stylo. Those are clean cut lines on his frag. That does not appear to be tissue receding, rather something eating away “cleanly” at it.

So you had acropora eating flatworms infect your stylocenia? I have never seen evidence of or heard of a pest eating any coral “cleanly”, a clean line to me means necrosis or the coral has been stung or damaged.
 
So you had acropora eating flatworms infect your stylocenia? I have never seen evidence of or heard of a pest eating any coral “cleanly”, a clean line to me means necrosis or the coral has been stung or damaged.

Well, ya heard it here first!
Maybe I’m that one in a million who’s had AEFW infect my stylo’s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new