Any ideas here??

received_1959057900864461.jpeg received_531389890960789.jpeg

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AEFW possibly. Do you see any on the frag? You can dip with Seachem reef dip although if that’s what it is you need to treat the tank.

OP
OP
M

Mcdy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not a monti or acro.. it’s a stylocoeniella. When’s the last time you saw any PE? and judging by how beige it is you more then likely your nutrients are to low and compounded with to much light.
Ok,...yeah I am starting to notice that some things like light and some creatures don't. It's a challenge figuring this stuff out. I won 25 frags in a raffle and it had taken some research to figure out what and how to care for them.

OP
OP
M

Mcdy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AEFW possibly. Do you see any on the frag? You can dip with Seachem reef dip although if that’s what it is you need to treat the tank.
This is interesting because last night I was shining a flashlight in the tank and I saw "a black bug" looking creature that crawled across the rocks and out of the light. It almost looked like a small version of a beetle but black. I tried getting a pick but I moved to slow.

OP
OP
M

Mcdy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting because last night I was shining a flashlight in the tank and I saw "a black bug" looking creature that crawled across the rocks and out of the light. It almost looked like a small version of a beetle but black. I tried getting a pick but I moved to slow.
Not even a beetle,...maybe even a longer version of a lady bug, just black.

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are my stylos. Probably getting 120 to 150 par. And shaded. They do not like light

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I had them eat my stylo. Those are clean cut lines on his frag. That does not appear to be tissue receding, rather something eating away “cleanly” at it.

So you had acropora eating flatworms infect your stylocenia? I have never seen evidence of or heard of a pest eating any coral “cleanly”, a clean line to me means necrosis or the coral has been stung or damaged.

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you had acropora eating flatworms infect your stylocenia? I have never seen evidence of or heard of a pest eating any coral “cleanly”, a clean line to me means necrosis or the coral has been stung or damaged.

Well, ya heard it here first!
Maybe I’m that one in a million who’s had AEFW infect my stylo’s.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back