Squamosa Clam Input

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look of clams and I am exploring if it would be feasible to have in my new reef tank. I wouldn’t get one for the tank for a long time (6+ months), but I want to know if I should leave space for it if I can support it. I have a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 and an AI Prime 16.

Per ORA’s website, they state that these are the most beginner friendly since they don’t require as intense light and stay smaller in comparison.

1) Would my tank even support the clam size when full grown?
2) How much par should be given to them, 200+? I’m guessing I would probably have to switch to an AI Hydra 32 to support it.
3) I’m guessing this is ultimately the biggest factor. A tank of this size probably can’t support a bubble top anemone and one of these clams due to both of their sizes, correct?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Squamosas grow pretty fast, so I’d get a ceramic cradle in case you need to move him ....
Regardless, a tank that size will be a temporary home for a lot of livestock unless you choose stuff that stays small

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back