Starting again...

iplumbsome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

My name is Mark and I am a 45 year old plumber in Southeastern WI. About 12 years ago I had a 120 gallon FOWLR tank. I bought everything from a big box pet store so of course I did most things wrong, but I learned along the way mostly from a site similar to this one. Certain life events got in the way and I was forced to tear down and sell my equipment.

Fast forward to today we just got done building a new house and I planned on putting a new build in my basement built into the wall with a fish/mech. room behind it. I picked up an acrylic tank that measures 84"L x 24"D x 30"H. It also can with a sump and refugium both of which seem to be about 40-50 gallons. I bought this set up second hand and I have a couple boxes of pumps, dosers, etc. that I haven't even gone through yet. So if money and time permits this winter I would like to set up MY ultimate fish room and display tank. Since I am a plumber and my mech. room is my favorite room in the house I really want the plumbing well planned out.

I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions as I have forgotten a lot of what I learned so many years ago and it seems a lot has changed since than as I am finding out. Not sure which route I want to go with this build yet as far as the display goes. I love the look of a reef, but at this point not all that interest in learning about them. I think this will start out as a FOWLR with reef safe fish and move towards the coral down the road as time permits.

Since I am starting from scratch and can do what I want at this point I am interested in making maintenance as easily and quickly as possible. I am interested in how some of you have your systems piped up. I have some ideas about a salt mixing station and also a quarantine tank. Show me what you have.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby. I would suggest starting a build thread with the link below. Congrats on the house and the new build.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back