starting my tank

Good luck with the build. I know there is a lot of info out there to digest but whatever you do, go slow! It pays off in the end! Have fun!!
 
Good luck with the build. I know there is a lot of info out there to digest but whatever you do, go slow! It pays off in the end! Have fun!!
yeah it was my goal too set it up so I could get black Friday coral goals but It would have been way too rushed. Hopefully some of my prior high tech planted tank experience of mixing and dosing ferts will also come in handy too.
 
Just got the tank today, gonna be installing the cling film background and hopefully getting the stand soon
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 44
I need some help deciding between a cheap four bulb t5 fixture and a relassy light. I am leaning towards t5 at the moment but I cannot find any bulb combos that give the look I am going for. I really like the look of the twinstar lights that inland reef uses but I would love a hint of blue.

​

 
Built the stand and scaped the tank with life rock I had also bought a “brand new t5 fixture with 4 individual reflectors” but it is flickering a ton And does not have individual reflectors.
 

Attachments

  • 10532183-E04F-43C0-B4D5-591967B9029F.jpeg
    10532183-E04F-43C0-B4D5-591967B9029F.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65
Right on

Power heads (unless there’s not much flow) and a light can wait. You’ll want to go lights out for awhile. During the cycle and after.

I’m going dark for a few months until things break in and my parameters are where I need them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new