Steady flow control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am about to buy some GHL flowmeters. I know you can set it to keep a pump flow steady, meaning you set it at 1000gph, and it will adjust the 0-10v output to a pump, in order to keep it steady at 1000gph.

Will it also tell me when it’s creeping up with the adjustments? I.e. if it has been steadily increasing it, due to loss of performance from the pump

This may be useful to monitor a pump health and time the maintenance appropriately.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 9000l/h flow meter to control the flow from my Red Dragon 100 for my UV. I couldn't find anywhere is the app to monitor just how much voltage is going to the pump controller, but I thought I saw something in GCC.
However, the pump controller for the RD100 has indicator as to what percent the pump is running. If I were to see that increase, I would know there is an issue with the pump or a blockage in a pipe.

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is an automatically way to see this - I do not know - but if you - when you start with a fresh pump note the Voltage your system says when it is given you the wanted flow and check up this now and when - you will see if the pump need more voltage to withhold the same flow - my example shows the voltage my cabinet fan get in this moment in order to withhold a temperature of around 27.5

1618256835681.png

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back