Stocking options.

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a saddle puffer, dwarf fuzzy lion, and a marine betta get along in a tank together?

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gallons or litres lol, either way I highly doubt it... Like a jellyfish in my mates aquarium loves being hand fed

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think you should be ok for a little while if it's a smaller beta. They are pretty docile when it comes to other fish, as long as they don't fit in its mouth lol. They are also pretty nocturnal in a lot of tanks or spend their time hiding under ledges, etc. Mine is in a 150 and is quite large, about 7 inches I believe. It only comes out at night or before it gets bright in our dining room. If you went to a 90 I think these fish would be fine with lots of liverock for hiding spaces. Best of luck :)

OP
OP
Thade_hicks

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should be ok for a little while if it's a smaller beta. They are pretty docile when it comes to other fish, as long as they don't fit in its mouth lol. They are also pretty nocturnal in a lot of tanks or spend their time hiding under ledges, etc. Mine is in a 150 and is quite large, about 7 inches I believe. It only comes out at night or before it gets bright in our dining room. If you went to a 90 I think these fish would be fine with lots of liverock for hiding spaces. Best of luck :)
Ok so the issue would more arise in the tank size not the fish compatibly

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I believe so :)

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think that's a fine mix. Click my name and "find all threads" to get tons of info on dwarf lions, they do take special considerations, initially and especially in feeding. Things to watch for, some puffers can be nippy, but the saddle tends to be good. While many may argue the size of the betta, they grow slowly and maintain a relatively small territory. The betta can also be challenging initially with feeding.

OP
OP
Thade_hicks

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think that's a fine mix. Click my name and "find all threads" to get tons of info on dwarf lions, they do take special considerations, initially and especially in feeding. Things to watch for, some puffers can be nippy, but the saddle tends to be good. While many may argue the size of the betta, they grow slowly and maintain a relatively small territory. The betta can also be challenging initially with feedin
Would it be best to put the Betta in, get him eating and then add the others or get the others, put him in a QT get him eating and then add him to the tank

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be best to put the Betta in, get him eating and then add the others or get the others, put him in a QT get him eating and then add him to the tank

Lions are the most challenging, I give tips on feeding, initially requiring live foods and maybe even longer; the risk of internal parasites and treatment. If you are not familiar with the dwarf lions I strongly suggest you read through some of my threads. If you get a captive bred marine betta, they will be easier to feed, but usually come in very small and could become food for the lion. Wild caught betta's can be challenging to initially feed, and may also need live food to begin. Even after acclimation and eating, betta;s can be shy and require a targeted feeding approach. I would qt both the lion and betta to get them eating and make sure they are disease free.

OP
OP
Thade_hicks

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lions are the most challenging, I give tips on feeding, initially requiring live foods and maybe even longer; the risk of internal parasites and treatment. If you are not familiar with the dwarf lions I strongly suggest you read through some of my threads. If you get a captive bred marine betta, they will be easier to feed, but usually come in very small and could become food for the lion. Wild caught betta's can be challenging to initially feed, and may also need live food to begin. Even after acclimation and eating, betta;s can be shy and require a targeted feeding approach. I would qt both the lion and betta to get them eating and make sure they are disease free.
So I'm actually really lucky. I work at a pet store and I'm getting the lion from there and I get to take care of it there. It's eating ghost shrimp super well and going to start breeding Mollies to feed also. He actually came in awesome and ate the day after he came in and hunted down stuff like crazy!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back