Sun Coral HELP!!

Kyle Seeley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I recently purchased a sun coral from my LFS about a month ago and its doing great. Now however, I'm going on our family vacation. we leave on the 10th and won't be back until the 19th. Is this too long for my sun coral to go with out food?? also, my girlfriend is coming to the house to take care of the rest of the tank while I'm gone, but i really don't want her to have to go through the effort of having to feed the sun coral. Thanks in advance!

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be ok. You might want to feed it well the day before you leave though.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^ +1^^^^^^
All your GF needs to do is keeping up with the ATO, your corals and fish should be fine for the 4 days you'll be gone.
Many times ppl come back to a overfed system and the Po4 is out the roof.
If you want here to feed your fish make prepared portion in small shotcups, and do half the dose of food you feed them.
All there is just a set of eyes on your tank and when see checks your tank ask her to text you some pics of the tank and if it makes you happy a pic or two from her too with the tank............ reef selfie ;)
Have a great time with your family and let us know how she did on your tank sitting adventure.

OP
OP
Kyle Seeley

Kyle Seeley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: My girlfriend tried to feed the coral once while I was gone and couldn't get it to come out.. However I assume it was able to filter feed some of the phytoplankton she put in the tank, because it is doing just fine! It was really hungry today when I went to feed it but other than that it looks just as healthy as when I left it!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back