Susan's 220gal reef tank

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to try to get a full tank shot soon, but I've got a sps, lps, fish set up with a very nice tonga branch/live rock display in the middle of the room (dividing the dining from family room). Unfortunately, seeing the tank from both sides leads to a tall, narrow branch/rock formation that has lots of very good lighting areas (4- 250w MH, T5 lighting) and some low light at the bottom, but the inbetween areas are difficult.

I've got a fuge set up underneath the tank in a 75gal with about 25gal fuge section with cheato. Half the overflow goes to the skimmer and the other half goes to the sump/fuge area. I've got a halogen "day" light over the fuge and it does well.

For fish, I have a purple tang, diamondback goby/pistol shrimp pair, 2 green chromis (left over from cycling the tank 18 months ago), fairy wrasse, gold stripe maroon clown pair in a rose nem, 4 fire shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp and 2 banded shrimp (that have paired). Derasa clam, lots of zoas, acans, millies, yumas, red cap, a rainbow monti and several SPS that I have no idea what their names are, don't ask me. I just know they are pretty and I like them.

I've got a big pink tipped frogspawn and a even bigger hammer which is a nice bright green. a giant devil's hand leather, a pretty green and a bright green nepthia, tons of bright red, teal blue green, hairy and other assorted mushrooms and the dreaded star polyps that are trying to grow over everything.

And oh yes, yuk, hair algae (need help with this) and some weird bacteria stuff that looks like algae. Corals/clam all look good and seem happy and growing wildly (at least some), so not sure what to do. Pic coming soon, but might not be the best (camera skills are about as good as my getting rid of hair algae skills).
Susan

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.6%
Back