OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the museum should look into, is setup a business which is seperate from museum, for liability reasons, to sell frags? As long as some aren't endangered species?
If we were a private owned museum, many things like buying and selling stuff would be so much easier. Now there's so much extra rules we have to follow that we've decided to not sell any animals. Too much work. At least for now :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the museum should look into, is setup a business which is seperate from museum, for liability reasons, to sell frags? As long as some aren't endangered species?
If we were a private owned museum, many things like buying and selling stuff would be so much easier. Now there's so much extra rules we have to follow that we've decided to not sell any animals. Too much work. At least for now :)

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're crazy people, many of us actually like the winter and the cold temperatures. And I used to play soccer outside year around, from -20 to 30 degrees;)

Lieeees :D Gothenburgers always do know how to tell a joke ;)

No one can truly enjoy darkness 20h per day :p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gothenburgers always do know how to tell a joke ;)
I saw this and immediately got hungry! ;Drool

Then I realized that a Gothenburger would probably have lutefisk on it. ;Yuck

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see more acro pics :). I love the staghorns, any closer shots would be very cool. What a dream job.
Thanks! I'm not a very good photographer I'm afraid. And I'm on a train and just emptied my phone from most of the pics :D
So I just got some like this:

IMG_6283.JPG
IMG_5920.JPG

But I'll try to take some more next week when I'm back at work.
We got a lot of different staghorns. Brown, blue, at least three types of green, and one blue/purple. I wish to ID them someday, still waiting for my colleague to see if we got any results from our DNA tests.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it's so cool how the Monti looks small until you see it from the top. I am in love with all the staghorns, it looks like you guys cut a lot of stuff out and in the top left there is a big gap in between the green staghorns, what was there before?
Also A+ on the growth of the birdsnest, very uniform and tight branching, gotta love halides for that :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it's so cool how the Monti looks small until you see it from the top. I am in love with all the staghorns, it looks like you guys cut a lot of stuff out and in the top left there is a big gap in between the green staghorns, what was there before?
Also A+ on the growth of the birdsnest, very uniform and tight branching, gotta love halides for that :)

Not sure exactly which gap you mean, there are many :) But yes, sometimes we take out parts of the colonies or try to cut the top part to get some room between the corals and the surface.
Some of the gaps are created by the corals on the "top floor " growing out towards the window, shadowing the nearest part underneath them. It's a large tank, but it's still not very wide. The reef is pretty steep so there's a lot of shadowing.
So if you look closely into this tank, there's a lot of old dead coral branches under the living ones. We have cultured a lot of live rock ;)
It's hard to reach anything deeper than 80cm. And nowadays I don't think I can fit into the tank for diving either(due to the coral size, nothing else..). So most of the scaping the last two years have been done by the corals them self. At least in the bottom half :)

Halides are great. But we have pretty good results with LEDs in our "shark tank". Can show some pics from that later. Now off to MACE!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACE is nice! Lots of corals. To bad I can't bring any back home to the Aquarium. And already seen Julian Sprung :) Now it's time for his talk. Here are some pictures from the Marine part of the conference. The vivarium next door is even bigger.
IMG_6757.JPG
IMG_6756.JPG
IMG_6744.JPG
IMG_6747.JPG
IMG_6755.JPG

I deliberately choose to post those things that are European ;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day two at MACE! I've had the opportunity to speak to a lot of nice people. Tom who is the originator of the marine part of this conference was one of them. Great guy and he's done a amazing job putting this together. Hopefully it'll be more conferences like this.

Now it's time to listen to Ehsan from Triton lab. He promised some exciting news when I talked to him earlier:)

IMG_6831.JPG

Here's the fresh water / Vivarium hall.

IMG_6824.JPG

And here is a nice pump :)
IMG_6806.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day two at MACE! I've had the opportunity to speak to a lot of nice people. Tom who is the originator of the marine part of this conference was one of them. Great guy and he's done a amazing job putting this together. Hopefully it'll be more conferences like this.

Now it's time to listen to Ehsan from Triton lab. He promised some exciting news when I talked to him earlier:)

IMG_6831.JPG

Here's the fresh water / Vivarium hall.

IMG_6824.JPG

And here is a nice pump :)
IMG_6806.JPG
Thanks for sharing. Awsome

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need one of those pumps for your aquarium. Lol
We will probably need a couple of those in the new reef tank. And a couple in the kelp tank! :D

Woahhhh, that's a monster!

Yes, I think it's the biggest aquarium stream pump on the market right now. Great stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back