Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No, it came with the condo.

I did install my wife's handicapped walk in tub.

1784911581238.jpeg
 
I walk past this rock on the beach every morning. It was deposited here by a glacier during the last Ice Age thousands of years ago.

Rock on beach.jpg


The amazing part is that it is still cold. 🥶

Hand on rock.jpg
 
My morning sunrise walk was nice and I saved a huge horseshoe crab. One of the largest I have ever seen and I saw hundreds.

Sunrise.jpg


The tide was about 3/4s down so by tomorrow it should be dead low tide and perfect for collecting amphipods and bacteria. I will bring a bucket.
`
Of course if I see a pretty girl, I will drop it and run. 🥺
 
This is one of my black clown gobi's. He is dying of old age and I feel that is a good thing knowing he lived out his natural life. He has a little ich which is normal for a fish in that condition because his immune system is no longer functioning.

This fish can not be cured and I won't even try. I see the ich as a good thing because I run a natural, normal, healthy tank and I want ich parasites to be alive and well so they can keep all my other fish immune.

I also realize most people would dump all sorts of chemicals in the tank, go fallow for two years, fresh water dip the thing, run to church and make a novena and call David Attenbury to ask him to do a documentary. But none of those things are needed as that is a normal life for a fish.
Sick Gobi.jpg
 
This is one of my black clown gobi's. He is dying of old age and I feel that is a good thing knowing he lived out his natural life. He has a little ich which is normal for a fish in that condition because his immune system is no longer functioning.

This fish can not be cured and I won't even try. I see the ich as a good thing because I run a natural, normal, healthy tank and I want ich parasites to be alive and well so they can keep all my other fish immune.

I also realize most people would dump all sorts of chemicals in the tank, go fallow for two years, fresh water dip the thing, run to church and make a novena and call David Attenbury to ask him to do a documentary. But none of those things are needed as that is a normal life for a fish.
Sick Gobi.jpg
How old is the fish?
 
Gorgeous picture.

“First the Dawn”. Sunrise on the water is a spiritual experience for me. I worked 30 years in deep water drilling and enjoyed those moments of solitude.

Paul,
I still have family on Long Island. Maybe we can collect those amphipods together.
My morning sunrise walk was nice and I saved a huge horseshoe crab. One of the largest I have ever seen and I saw hundreds.

Sunrise.jpg


The tide was about 3/4s down so by tomorrow it should be dead low tide and perfect for collecting amphipods and bacteria. I will bring a bucket.
`
Of course if I see a pretty girl, I will drop it and run. 🥺
 
How old is the fish?
It's hard to tell. I have 5 or 6 of them in various colors and I normally get them full grown. I probably have that guy maybe 5 years as I don't remember buying him but anytime I see one that is not yellow, I buy them.





Dozens of my pictures disappeared from photobucket and I have to find them in my archives and put them back
 
Strich, this is me collecting amphipods on a rocky beach behind my house. If it is a sandy beach, you won't find any

 
Strich, this is me collecting amphipods on a rocky beach behind my house. If it is a sandy beach, you won't find any


Oh nice! You had that video loaded in the barrel already hah. Man that's more amphi's under a single rock than I've ever seen. I live next to so much coastline here in Australia, but not much near me has rocky landscape like that - It's just miles of sand beaches. I actually went out today and did a little hunting - I found a few tiny bits of macro and caught a hitch hiker crab, but it was slim pickings.
 
So I've heard. Do you still have that boat that goes around Sydney Harbor? A girl from Cokooacha (spelling) took me on it. I also went to a bar called Texas Tavern, but that was so long ago I'm sure it burnt down by now.
 
So I've heard. Do you still have that boat that goes around Sydney Harbor? A girl from Cokooacha (spelling) took me on it. I also went to a bar called Texas Tavern, but that was so long ago I'm sure it burnt down by now.
I couldn't tell ya to be honest - most of my life has been around Melbourne, then a stint in the UK, and now living on the gold coast near Brisbane.
Sydney as a city is a bit of a dirty word around these parts nowadays.
I was born in 1987 and your memories of Australia precede me completely!
 
I was born in 1987 and your memories of Australia precede me completely!
I was born in the 40s, so my memories precede most people alive today. 😬
 
This is one of my black clown gobi's. He is dying of old age and I feel that is a good thing knowing he lived out his natural life. He has a little ich which is normal for a fish in that condition because his immune system is no longer functioning.

This fish can not be cured and I won't even try. I see the ich as a good thing because I run a natural, normal, healthy tank and I want ich parasites to be alive and well so they can keep all my other fish immune.

I also realize most people would dump all sorts of chemicals in the tank, go fallow for two years, fresh water dip the thing, run to church and make a novena and call David Attenbury to ask him to do a documentary. But none of those things are needed as that is a normal life for a fish.
Sick Gobi.jpg
There is some guy that's been around almost a month spouting off about me living in the land of Maple Syrup , and he is in the land of the brave , and the Free. I told him about you and that you and others spilt their blood to give him that ,That he was conveniently born in the US , that I have Relatives there , and maybe he should volunteer to go to Iran
 
There is some guy that's been around almost a month spouting off about me living in the land of Maple Syrup , and he is in the land of the brave , and the Free. I told him about you and that you and others spilt their blood to give him that ,That he was conveniently born in the US , that I have Relatives there , and maybe he should volunteer to go to Iran
Care to dm a name? You have been nothing but nice to anyone that I've seen
 
Care to dm a name? You have been nothing but nice to anyone that I've seen
someone should shut him down his post is not about aquariums , long winded like its his private platform about an app in Florida for shark encounters StorageUnit731
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new