The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How long does it usually take for you mushrooms to mount to rubble in the cups. I just got some orange Yuma’s and I have them in a cup with some plugs hoping they will attach

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
How long does it usually take for you mushrooms to mount to rubble in the cups. I just got some orange Yuma’s and I have them in a cup with some plugs hoping they will attach
Oh sorry, I missed this!

not that long, maybe 3-6 days depending on the shroom itself. The trick is it needs SOME flow, but obviously not too much. If given zero flow, they will detach and sometimes melt within the cups. Ideally you would poke some holes into the cups to allow a little extra flow.

Otherwise, most of them go into cups AFTER they've been attached to a frag plug or rubble.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh sorry, I missed this!

not that long, maybe 3-6 days depending on the shroom itself. The trick is it needs SOME flow, but obviously not too much. If given zero flow, they will detach and sometimes melt within the cups. Ideally you would poke some holes into the cups to allow a little extra flow.

Otherwise, most of them go into cups AFTER they've been attached to a frag plug or rubble.
Thanks my tank has a lot of flow so the shrooms were swirling around in the cup a bit. They have now settled down and it looks like they attached to the rubble I put in there. Going to let them settle in and then I’ll attach them where I want in the tank

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Just a few pictures of a few corals I've been testing the water with. A few nice pieces but things look good so it's safe for now!

Legendary Corals Insano Bounce -- Bounces along ridge and will start to bounce up under higher light

Pectinia Space Invader

Red St. Thomas (uncolored, 3"+)

Red St. Thomas, Colored-ish, 1.25"

Powerhead knocked a cup of recently cut zoas over and they landed in a little garden

Tester Acan before I put in the goodies

Tester Favites before I put in the goodies

@gcarroll super rare special infinity avenger ironman godbow acan

One of my favorite SPS pieces right now.

PC Rainbow

PC Superman

Unnamed lil guy that's promising.

RichtheReefer21

Do It Yourself.
View Badges
Reaction score
Having problems with a few pics... not sure why. Too bad! Maybe I'll give a mobile upload a shot

Trying again. This little gem.

Fantastic. Your taste in coral is mind blowing. Happy to hear the dino troubles have passed and you are ready for more stocking up. :)

Best wishes going forward.

Last edited:
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Crack-a-lackin man :D I see you pestering everyone for frags though ;) better not hold pics back from us!!
Fantastic. Your taste in coral is mind blowing. Happy to he as r the dino troubles have passed and your are ready for more stocking up. :)

Best wishes going forward.
Hey @SneakyTortuga was the one who suggested trades. And I'm always bugging bubbaque and FarmerTy haha.

Otherwise, Just getting back my own corals one at a time! Well... Like half a dozen at a time actually.

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, those are pretty.
Even your frag rack is pretty too.
The rack will be full quickly again.
Yep, everything is at a few friends houses. The things on the rack now will be tossed to other tanks except one or two frags. Mostly it's just tester junk on the frag racks right now.

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Gotcha.

Which zoas may I ask? With your current collection, I had to ask which zoas u keep
JF Bloodshots
BigR Space Chaos
GB Buttkissers
Vampires
Vampire Slayers
CAR
CB Moneyshots
CK Bowsers
RRU Pink Diamonds
WWC Space Monsters

RichtheReefer21

Do It Yourself.
View Badges
Reaction score
JF Bloodshots
BigR Space Chaos
GB Buttkissers
Vampires
Vampire Slayers
CAR
CB Moneyshots
CK Bowsers
RRU Pink Diamonds
WWC Space Monsters
Taking pic requests? :D

I'd love to see your bowsers.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
So some interesting news... I'm starting up a grow out frag tank. Definitely excited lol.
A grow out frag tank?
Meaning you will let frags actually grow?

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Taking pic requests? :D

I'd love to see your bowsers.
They're at my friends house still haha

A grow out frag tank?
Meaning you will let frags actually grow?
Just a bit! It's an 8x2x1 frag tank that will house nothing but high end SPS. It'll be awhile to get some of them to grow out, but it's a pretty nice start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors