OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a lot of frag racks going on now..

d3522aaa131864ee5b901048bbfdcc0e.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, how much are you dosing? :)

4 Drops of Aminos. Using CalRx I don't really see any difference with Coral Essentials at all. The only thing I do notice a difference with is the Aminos. So far that's all i'd no question recommend to everybody that DOESN'T already dose trace. If I weren't using a Calcium Reactor (which doses ALL major and minor trace elements already) I might see a difference.

If you are using a doser, I would recommend ATI Essentials above everything else. The ATI Essentials is so good I still consider going back and forth once in awhile.

What porthole are you using

Len

Avast Marine Porthole, for the overly colorful pictures I'm using the yellow lens they sell with it.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 Drops of Aminos. Using CalRx I don't really see any difference with Coral Essentials at all. The only thing I do notice a difference with is the Aminos. So far that's all i'd no question recommend to everybody that DOESN'T already dose trace. If I weren't using a Calcium Reactor (which doses ALL major and minor trace elements already) I might see a difference.

If you are using a doser, I would recommend ATI Essentials above everything else. The ATI Essentials is so good I still consider going back and forth once in awhile.

Avast Marine Porthole, for the overly colorful pictures I'm using the yellow lens they sell with it.

Thanks sir, I have just ordered one with the filter and iPhone mount. Top down pictures are my favorite and this will help a ton

Len

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Dom, that's the only way I can get blue shots without a nice DSLR lol
I find yellow or amber filters bring out great detail in the blues that my iPhone cannot focus on. Overall, though, the color just seems off. I have expertise with color correction in my work and I feel I could get it right if I could dial in the color myself. As in design my own filter. I feel I can get pretty accurate correcting in Photoshop if I can just get good detail in the original photo.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The porthole still has a lot of glare unless you angle it or cover some of it.

Slightly better pic. I struggle to get good full tank shots, hardest picture to take.

baa5168ceefac2fb2e77bd721c649338.jpg

Very nice, there are a lot of interest colours and shapes there, looking very healthy. :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the mid 90s my standard 55 gallon tank had a small patch of bubble algae. It never spread staying contained kind of like a coral, the bubbles slowly growing large on the rock. It was beautiful and I did not even realize back then it was a nuisance.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back