The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad a remedy is coming! That's such a crazy problem to have! Glad to see you posting again. You have been missed!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll still fight u. Good to see ya back around tim. All your advice and tips helped me tremendously on the sps side the last few months. Thanks for your time.
I'll pm u some progression thoughts to keep this thread clean-ish ;)

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the solution until the house is replumbed. My parents kitchen.

DSC_1186.JPG

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then. Next steps;

1) Send in my Triton test, which I finally found.

2) Suspecting heavy metals still -- I'll be needing a product to use to pull metals out of the water. So far it's been suggested to try these:

A) Seachem Cuprisorb for Copper, Seachem Zeolite for all other metals
B) Triton's "Metal Detox"

If anybody has any suggestions on which brand/type of product to use to pull metals out of my water feel free to leave the suggestion.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie,

Nice to see you slowly getting back. BTW My OLD TANK THREAD ended and started a new one (seen in my signature)

FYI, if you read about CupriSorb, it will remove many Heavy Metals, but it's tuned to pull out copper more.

I used the Metasorb and I just got back my ICP test after using it for couple of months.
https://www.marinedepot.com/two-little-fishies-metasorb-uhc-metals-adsorbing-polymer-250-gallon
No Metals came on ICP (but I'm not sure I had any). Last ICP ages ago had Aluminum and Tin (warnings)

I think it's one of the resins in the other products, just in a bag with a Marble inside so it doesn't clump (my guess). The capacity to remove all Metals on spec is impressive.

I also used KENT MARINE product a long time ago. (It's like cuprisorb, but broader spectrum) Not sure where to get it.

https://kentmarine.com/products/kent-toxic-metal-sponge.htm

Just want you to have options. Do you own homework.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then. Next steps;

1) Send in my Triton test, which I finally found.

2) Suspecting heavy metals still -- I'll be needing a product to use to pull metals out of the water. So far it's been suggested to try these:

A) Seachem Cuprisorb for Copper, Seachem Zeolite for all other metals
B) Triton's "Metal Detox"

If anybody has any suggestions on which brand/type of product to use to pull metals out of my water feel free to leave the suggestion.

with your situation I would run multiple products simultaneously.. poly bio marine “poly filters” are also good at pulling heavy metals from your system. Glad to see you active again and good luck turning things around.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's known as a "bounce" but it doesn't typically "bounce" very much. This one is an extreme case. It's a pretty uncommon shroom i've shared with you privately.
So that means........Your' RICH!!! (on Paper, till you sell it)

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Rakie ,

You still around? How are things.
I checked if you were posting recently.....and saw you posting in Aug about your Radion.

Btw. I remember you're a Sept. Baby, so I missed you Birthday.

Happy Belated Birthday Rakie.

However if you were running the Tank Mate I made you, it would have Chimed and Done a LED Light Show exactly on your Birthday. (You still got the Mate? Collecting Dust? )

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Rakie ,

However if you were running the Tank Mate I made you, it would have Chimed and Done a LED Light Show exactly on your Birthday. (You still got the Mate? Collecting Dust? )
Thats so cool that u integrated a program to run that.

Happy belated bday tim.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't talked to anybody in well over a year. I have a spinal cord injury which has only gotten worse and worse. Most days I struggle to walk and have trouble getting out of bed. I'll never work again. I'll never finish my major. I can barely even take care of my tank or myself anymore.

As far as my tank goes, 2 of my 3 tunze pumps have had faulty cables which have split underwater exposing the wires and broken. I cannot afford to replace them.

The plumbing in my house started leeching lots of metals, I moved all my corals to a friends to watch, he killed them all and has ghosted me since after killing about $40k worth of corals. So I have practically nothing anymore.

People keep asking. That's how I'm doing. Very badly.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't talked to anybody in well over a year. I have a spinal cord injury which has only gotten worse and worse. Most days I struggle to walk and have trouble getting out of bed. I'll never work again. I'll never finish my major. I can barely even take care of my tank or myself anymore.

As far as my tank goes, 2 of my 3 tunze pumps have had faulty cables which have split underwater exposing the wires and broken. I cannot afford to replace them.

The plumbing in my house started leeching lots of metals, I moved all my corals to a friends to watch, he killed them all and has ghosted me since after killing about $40k worth of corals. So I have practically nothing anymore.

People keep asking. That's how I'm doing. Very badly.
I'm sorry to hear this.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back