The Mediocreef

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I looked into this when I was on the strugglebus. Could do a decent amount, kept a 5g bucket w/ a lid to store in between loads.

Eventually I decided to just get a roller instead, that was still too much hassle for me lol

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many at a time and can they be held on to while dirty?
When I ran socks, I just threw in an old salt bucket with some water in it and waited until bucket was full. Then threw in wash, threw bucket water out the door and washed. Usually was 12-16 socks. I did let them dry out before and washed with no issues, but seems to come clean easier when in bucket of water.

Wash on cold, add cup of bleach, select extra rinse option, and then air dry when done.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran socks, I just threw in an old salt bucket with some water in it and waited until bucket was full. Then threw in wash, threw bucket water out the door and washed. Usually was 12-16 socks. I did let them dry out before and washed with no issues, but seems to come clean easier when in bucket of water.

Wash on cold, add cup of bleach, select extra rinse option, and then air dry when done.
****DO NOT WASH WITH ANY OTHER CLOTHES****esp unmentionables***

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cleaned the socks last night. Mrs. spent some time looking up easier ways to do it than bent over a sink. Turns out they can go in the laundry on heavy soil. any other advice?

and tested salinity for the Hanna giveaway. 1.026 and 76.8 degrees taken via icecap probe.
I use a hose outside in the driveway.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I looked into this when I was on the strugglebus. Could do a decent amount, kept a 5g bucket w/ a lid to store in between loads.

Eventually I decided to just get a roller instead, that was still too much hassle for me lol

Thanks. I plan to get more this weekend and have a nice corner to tuck them into.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I plan to get more this weekend and have a nice corner to tuck them into.
Forgot this part.

I washed mine in an old Maytag, non-HE washer. I washed them on gentle. If you have an agitator be sure to use the gentle cycle. If no agitator, use heavy duty.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty sure ours is HE. I don't like it.
It is more the agitator than the HE part. We have a HE washer in the house that has an agitator and actually does really well. But the socks, greasy cloths, fishing cloths, etc, all get washed in the ancient washer out in the garage. Love that thing, as it actually gets nasty cloths clean lol. It is also super easy to clean it out after greasy cloths. Just some degreaser and an empty wash. It aint got no load sensor, so doesn't care if no cloths are in it lol.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is more the agitator than the HE part. We have a HE washer in the house that has an agitator and actually does really well. But the socks, greasy cloths, fishing cloths, etc, all get washed in the ancient washer out in the garage. Love that thing, as it actually gets nasty cloths clean lol. It is also super easy to clean it out after greasy cloths. Just some degreaser and an empty wash. It aint got no load sensor, so doesn't care if no cloths are in it lol.
No agitator that I know of. Don't personally do a lot of laundry since the wedding (she finds more joy in it, doesn't want me to take that joy from her. she and I have had this conversation on many occasions. Don't hate me internet.)

I could put some tennis balls in though, they should work.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No agitator that I know of. Don't personally do a lot of laundry since the wedding (she finds more joy in it, doesn't want me to take that joy from her. she and I have had this conversation on many occasions. Don't hate me internet.)

No need for them. The swishing around I enough. The agitator just determines the top of cycle. If I was to do heavy duty with the agitator, it would tear the socks up.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do not do much laundry either. I have a habit of washing things with other things that, apparently, are not supposed to be washed together. I also have a habit of drying things that should never, ever be dried. Both of these happenings may or may not happen on purpose. ;)

is that how is happens!?

also, fixed it for ya.
Ohhhh, I was not aware of the advancement. Not even born yet and already in the advanced class!

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not do much laundry either. I have a habit of washing things with other things that, apparently, are not supposed to be washed together. I also have a habit of drying things that should never, ever be dried. Both of these happenings may or may not happen on purpose. ;)
I have a stricter drying policy than she does. nothing running or cycling related goes in the drier. especially the wool kits.
Ohhhh, I was not aware of the advancement. Not even born yet and already in the advanced class!
just recounted. I'm wrong. not even born yet and I'm already forgetting the birthday.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing running or cycling related goes in the drier.
You guys do Triathlons? And, yes, she is very correct about this one. It's the only rule I ever followed.

just recounted. I'm wrong. not even born yet and I'm already forgetting the birthday.
Yeah, that kid is in for some big disappointments. May as well get them used to the cynical world as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys do Triathlons? And, yes, she is very correct about this one. It's the only rule I ever followed.
That was my rule. she forgets it sometimes. I did one tri, an olympic. stupid sport for stupid people. On the other hand, it could be that I wore a wetsuit for the first time on race day, and they had no fuel on the bike course. maybe I'm teh dumb.
Edit: I do like duathlons. just leave out the swim and I'm good.
I would live on my bike if I could. she got us into gravel cycling. running for diversity.
Yeah, that kid is in for some big disappointments. May as well get them used to the cynical world as soon as possible.
yup. welcome to the world, I'm sorry.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
lol
because why do socks at all?
Just buy roles of https://a.co/7EN1QOM
and bags of https://a.co/4FB1RQa
or a box of https://www.joann.com/5lb-box-of-soft-n-crafty-fiber/7074024.html

Upend your 'ParlACup' over trash when soiled and replace with another wad of poly-fil and done! Because socks are no fun even outside with a pressure washer...

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol
because why do socks at all?
Just buy roles of https://a.co/7EN1QOM
and bags of https://a.co/4FB1RQa
or a box of https://www.joann.com/5lb-box-of-soft-n-crafty-fiber/7074024.html

Upend your 'ParlACup' over trash when soiled and replace with another wad of poly-fil and done! Because socks are no fun even outside with a pressure washer...
I have an old pillow and this

it seems like a lot of waste though.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back