The Mediocreef

Added a micron power filter

PXL_20230303_042923202.jpg


and by Friday morning, all clear!

PXL_20230303_152723605.jpg

Found it. It was Erin.

No that wasn’t me.

 
Like @Petcrazyson ? You don't want me to drop his name?
 
I believe @Slocke also has a system he ran with a canister filter turned sump return for a minute. Idk if that's still running.
I do still use it but with my other tank as that needed the extra filtration. But I think we're talking about a different type of filter?

However you can just cut the bottom of a water bottle out and stuff it with filter floss then attach that to a powerhead. Or just shove extra filter floss in any filter. It polishes really well and costs next to nothing.
 
right.
I do still use it but with my other tank as that needed the extra filtration. But I think we're talking about a different type of filter?

However you can just cut the bottom of a water bottle out and stuff it with filter floss then attach that to a powerhead. Or just shove extra filter floss in any filter. It polishes really well and costs next to nothing.
I've got half a pillow left from a year and a half ago. wouldn't be a bad use for it.
 
@tbrown3589 and anyone else who cares, or doesn't but happens to be reading this...
IMG_20230313_202749239_HDR.jpg


Don't think I've ever seen numbers this "on point".

And if you prefer the hannas in focus rather than Bella,
IMG_20230313_202743761_HDR.jpg
Awesome. Time to start dosing Bactobalance
 
Is that like microbacter clean? Cuz I just finished my bottle of that.
Sort of. It is organic carbon dosing that contains nutrients. It will essentially lock your levels where they are now.
 
It is a pretty pink color too.
 

Attachments

  • 20230313_204055.jpg
    20230313_204055.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 61
Sort of. It is organic carbon dosing that contains nutrients. It will essentially lock your levels where they are now.
Just looked at it on brs. Seems like even the small bottle would last a time. I'd be dosing about 1.5 ml a day max.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new