98be7f9741a5d36a93d175a97dd43938.jpg

Newly added Lineatus
67bbbabbda0522890777b341b9b80a2d.jpg

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to add some more fish in my tank. I really want some more color and wrasses would be great for that. Problem is I have bare bottom tank and not sure which ones I can add.
Currently I have six line wrasses in the tank.
It’s a reef tank.

Question, which ones can I add and how many ?
Thank you

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a six line wrasse already in your tank it's unlikely that you can add any other wrasses unless your tank is very large. All the Pseudochilinus genus pretty much don't tolerate other wrasses in an aquarium. There are certainly exceptions but they are just that....exceptions.

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a six line wrasse already in your tank it's unlikely that you can add any other wrasses unless your tank is very large. All the Pseudochilinus genus pretty much don't tolerate other wrasses in an aquarium. There are certainly exceptions but they are just that....exceptions.
Tank is pretty large, what are those exceptions and which wrasses would work for bare bottom?

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I meant by exceptions is that occasionally you get an individual six line that is not like most of them are. I wouldn't count on that being the case.

In general, fairy and flasher wrasses are the wrasses that are ok without a sand bed.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olympus TG-5
I think that is a point and shoot camera. Those things are hardly any better than a good mobile phone. Only good for pictures of things that are not moving.
I am not familiar with your camera.
Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is a point and shoot camera. Those things are hardly any beefed than a good way phone. Only good for pictures of things that are not moving.

From any phone if taking a picture of something moving the best way is to take Video. Then once you find the frame you like best, just save that frame as a picture. Done deal, the end result is a much clearer picture of the subject you are trying to capture.

Otherwise yes, a DSLR or Mirrorless Camera is the way to go.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I want to add multiple yellow coris wrasse to my 10 foot by 4 foot SPS frag tank.

I have no sand or rocks in there, will they be fine or do they NEED sand to sleep?

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to add multiple yellow coris wrasse to my 10 foot by 4 foot SPS frag tank.

I have no sand or rocks in there, will they be fine or do they NEED sand to sleep?
They need sand. Just put one or two containers with sand in the tank.

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

10'x4'?! That's a heck of a frag tank! Would love to see pictures of that bad boy!

KylerMT98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for wrasse suggestions for my 180g mixed reef.

Current tank stocking:

1x Chocolate Tang (6.5in)
1x Blonde Naso Tang (6in)
1x Chevron Tang (5in)
1x Desjardini Sailfin Tang (4in)
1x Yellow Tang (3.5in)
2x Ocellaris Clown (3in & 2.5in)
1x Bicolor Blenny (2in)
1x Mandarin Goby (3in)

Also have various inverts (serpent star, brittle star, cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp, bubble tip nems, rock nems, maxi mini nems, etc)

Sharkman7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be some “ safe” wrasses for a reef tank that does have cleaner shrimp and blood shrimp as well as other inverts thanks

ascheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for wrasse suggestions for my 180g mixed reef.

Current tank stocking:

1x Chocolate Tang (6.5in)
1x Blonde Naso Tang (6in)
1x Chevron Tang (5in)
1x Desjardini Sailfin Tang (4in)
1x Yellow Tang (3.5in)
2x Ocellaris Clown (3in & 2.5in)
1x Bicolor Blenny (2in)
1x Mandarin Goby (3in)

Also have various inverts (serpent star, brittle star, cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp, bubble tip nems, rock nems, maxi mini nems, etc)
What would be some “ safe” wrasses for a reef tank that does have cleaner shrimp and blood shrimp as well as other inverts thanks

With sexy shrimp you are probably limited to Cirrhilabrus (Fairy), Paracheilinus (Flasher), Wetmorella (Possum) species and Pseudocheilinops ataenia (Pink-streaked).

With cleaner and blood shrimp, stars and nems, pretty much any of the wrasses discussed here: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/all-about-reef-safe-wrasses-in-aquaria.28/

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With sexy shrimp you are probably limited to Cirrhilabrus (Fairy), Paracheilinus (Flasher), Wetmorella (Possum) species and Pseudocheilinops ataenia (Pink-streaked).

With cleaner and blood shrimp, stars and nems, pretty much any of the wrasses discussed here: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/all-about-reef-safe-wrasses-in-aquaria.28/

I agree though occasionally you will hear of a Halichoeres wrasse killing a shrimp. I've always had one or more Halichoeres wrasses with multiple shrimp(blood and skunk cleaner) and never had a problem. I currently have a 6" Ear Muff (H. melasmapomas) that is a puppy dog and bothers no one. The Halichoeres I've kept without problem included H. claudia, H. chrysotaenia, H. chrysus, H. melanurus, H. biocellatus,

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
470a1baaa6fed45973f1ae6b11920d46.jpg

Swimming in spirals like this. I think he hit the top of the tank lid. He was perfectly fine for over a month till yesterday when I saw him like this so I put him in an acclimation box. He still eats but obviously has a really hard time swimming. Any chance he recovers?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back