OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 20+ brittle stars from a reefer on Instagram. Sprinkled them into a few of my macroalgae tanks.
DSC00218.jpg

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEW ADDITIONS to the beach lagoon macroalgae/mangrove tank!

Purple Tigah Scallops. I really hope I can keep up with their feeding demands. I'm upping my dosing of Reef Nutrition Phyto, Oyster, and SDA. They move around a TON. Not sure how I feel about that...
DSC00679-2.jpg

Cleaner clams! They've already started burrowing into the sand, can't see them anymore. :(
DSC00681.jpg

Gold Banded Shramp! I've always wanted one of these, but usually just end up with a skunk cleaner.
DSC00720.jpg

Added a couple nice feather dusters too. Filter feeder mania I say!
DSC00730.jpg

My barnacles haven't done too well. Not entirely sure how to save them aside from upping my dosing/feeding.

And I'll conclude this update with a full tank shot.
DSC00691.jpg

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is just so clean and bright!

(Also, how did you get the sand to stay up in the corner like that?)
There's some rock-work and mangrove roots under that slope that i THINK helps. I've had no issues with it staying in place and don't do anything to maintain it.

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have planned additions besides the previous grow-out inhabitants?
Still TBD. Maybe get some real fish in here? Haha. What would you do?

How many macro tanks do you have!?
5 macroalgae tanks at the moment, but hoping to do some consolidating with this larger grow-out and some yet to be announced projects in the works.

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still TBD. Maybe get some real fish in here? Haha. What would you do?
I always wanted to try out flounders, but the smaller ones tend not to enter the trade. You could try a Hogchoker (Trinectes maculatus), but they grow 6 inches long and may eat very small fish and invertebrates. Those Gobiesox clingfish I previously mentioned on this thread might do the same, but they stay small and are quite personable.
You can find them here:
Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories

Marine grass shrimp and Neon gobies also sound like great potential inhabitants.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with my scape for the IM 30L. I bought 20 lbs. of live rock from KP Aquatics, which ended up being 6 pieces. Combined 3 pieces to form the large rock to the right and broke up 1 piece into the smaller pieces on the far left. Will ultimately end up removing some of the smaller pieces once I add sand. Let me know what you think!

DSC00835-2.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with my scape for the IM 30L. I bought 20 lbs. of live rock from KP Aquatics, which ended up being 6 pieces. Combined 3 pieces to form the large rock to the right and broke up 1 piece into the smaller pieces on the far left. Will ultimately end up removing some of the smaller pieces once I add sand. Let me know what you think!

DSC00835-2.jpg
Looks good. Did you do the ship in water?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC00835-2.jpg
I like the scape , I’m a fan of the ramp up scape , it’s how my tank is setup also

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back