Tiny starfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefhacker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefhacker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Ponder, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have in my reef tank what appears to be many small grayish with black stripe legged starfish. Looks like
A small brittle star. I'm not real sure where they came from but they are multiplying. My question is does anybody know if they are
A threat to my corals, mainly sps. I just found one on my pink lemonaid wrapped around a branch.
Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
I know some species of smaller starfish can cause problems. I have hundreds if not thousands of tint star fish in my reef, and they dont seem to be a problem. Maybe if younpost a pic someone can ID them. Have you noticed any coral dying without an obvious cause?
 
Mini bristle, look out they will eat waste... Ship em to me I'll even let you pay shipping.
 
That was what I was thinking, hoping really, they eat waste. Hey bpeck that sounds like a great deal! Not! Thanks though
 
The minibrittle stars are your friends, the other mini stars can be a mild nuisance, depending on species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new