OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I'm still trying to figure out what lights I want to use on my IM50 lagoon. I already have 2 xr15s..... but not sure if I want to use them or not
They work really well! If you have them use what you’ve got! If not quanta bars are really nice!

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small/ Big updates!
I did some work on the control board. More to be done tomorrow!
I purchased the smart buddy for RODI and let me tell you it’s an amazing little tool and completely worth the purchase! I’m making water in no time now without the noise/ look of the standard booster pump.
IMG_0624.jpeg

Still a lot to be done but it’s getting there!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small/ Big updates!
I did some work on the control board. More to be done tomorrow!
I purchased the smart buddy for RODI and let me tell you it’s an amazing little tool and completely worth the purchase! I’m making water in no time now without the noise/ look of the standard booster pump.
IMG_0624.jpeg

Still a lot to be done but it’s getting there!
Control board looks nice!

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some final wire management tonight. Currently the tank is cycling and I’m hoping to put my first fish in next week.

IMG_0798.jpeg

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is brutal! I’ve ordered two biota yellow tangs that my LFS will hold till this is cycled but still I’m debating a lot more turbo start and maybe like 2-3 small rocks from their system to help me out a bit
IMG_0809.jpeg

WonkyWapiti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is looking good, you're making my decision on my tank purchase even harder. Looking at a Reefer G2 300 but these IM tanks, especially the lagoon 50 is very appealing.

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is looking good, you're making my decision on my tank purchase even harder. Looking at a Reefer G2 300 but these IM tanks, especially the lagoon 50 is very appealing.
Thank you, I’ve really liked this tank for years. The metal stand is a big plus if you ask me. Most parts are easily replaceable and should last almost forever.
I don’t really trust Red Sea right now but I did have a 525 and 425 from them and they were very nice tanks. Their sump is a major bonus

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a biota yellow tang and a cat. Cat's being hairy is how the cat hair one way or another worked it's way into the tank with the tang. And after awhile and some algae growth on it is how the cat hair ended up inside of the tangs mouth with just the end of it hanging out. What to do, A)tear the whole tank apart to catch the tang and pull the hair out of it's mouth or B)leave it alone and hope for the best. I went with B, it did not end well.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.7%
Back