too much light with algae? Help Please

ryan paggi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2015
Messages
86
Reaction score
3
Location
Rockford il
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who can you have too much lighting cause diatoms and cyno. 30gal tank with led oddasyee light my parameters are
ph-8.29
cal-390
alk-9
no3-0 and
po4-0
mag- 1310

im running a phos remover and have done a lot of water changes but the stuff wont go away with out turning off the lights. its on my sand and rocks and bubbles like hell and I blow it off my rock and sand every day. it floats to the surface and is very sticky. what is it. I have a big clean up crew. its been running for 3 months. I use rodi water I will take some pics tonight since I just cleaned it
 
Constantly suck out the algae, every day. Doing the corresponding,water sucked out, water change. Don't blow it around. You'll get it nipped in the bud that way.
 
Even though your test kits read 0, you obviously have some nitrate/phosphate in your system. Continue with your phosphate remover and make sure it doesn't get saturated and perhaps carbon dose to get nitrates down and it should starve itself out.
 
How would the height of your lights affect the algae? It only grows I the areas the get the light the rest of the tank is clean.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new