0   0   0
My new baby
A84324B5-254B-4CDA-AAD0-B01436BAFDA2.jpeg

Blennyblonco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the secret!? I am having luck with my sps, acro, hammers but for the life of me i have never been able to keep Torches in either tank. And of course their my fav. Thought id try in my 220g for the first time. Acclimated, dipped, set AI led to 30 day acclimation, set low in tank and mod flow. 2 melted. 1 ( aussie gold) within 2 days, the other (NY knick) after 1.5 weeks. $$$$ gone. Last one standing is a neon green with pink tips. Looking strong...for now.

Tips, feeding, parameters? Any thing will help

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whats the secret!? I am having luck with my sps, acro, hammers but for the life of me i have never been able to keep Torches in either tank. And of course their my fav. Thought id try in my 220g for the first time. Acclimated, dipped, set AI led to 30 day acclimation, set low in tank and mod flow. 2 melted. 1 ( aussie gold) within 2 days, the other (NY knick) after 1.5 weeks. $$$$ gone. Last one standing is a neon green with pink tips. Looking strong...for now.

What r ur parameters and par?

I don't keep sps so I'm not sure I can be of great help. Keeping a mixed reef is tricky and some torches don't like clean clean water if they come from a dirtier tank, anything can be acclimated but it takes a while. Lower nutrients with super high par for sps may be too much for the torches....

Last edited:

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank and small torches

Attachments

• 81E848FF-B1A9-4AF8-808D-02C3BF8AC2C4.jpeg
    81E848FF-B1A9-4AF8-808D-02C3BF8AC2C4.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 46

DIAZ REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I keep em low
Moderate flow
Spot feed once a week reef roids.
phos0hates .05
Nitrate 10
Alk 8-9
Calcium 400-420
Magnesium 1350-1400
The goal is to get them swaying in both directions a gentle flow with a few bursts here and there if that makes sense.
mid anyone wants to add to that I would love to learn how to improve

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep em low
Moderate flow
Spot feed once a week reef roids.
phos0hates .05
Nitrate 10
Alk 8-9
Calcium 400-420
Magnesium 1350-1400
The goal is to get them swaying in both directions a gentle flow with a few bursts here and there if that makes sense.
mid anyone wants to add to that I would love to learn how to improve
The only other thing I could think of is par....

I know a lot of people keep Torches in 250-350 par but that's after a period of acclimation to that par.

Not saying you haven't done that but some torches just like 100-200 par.

The bright green torch looks happy but the other 2 look like they are not extending. Sometimes this is due to the intensity of par.

Just more food for thought.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rasta lives in the sand in our biocube 32 w stock lights , gets pushed around gently by 2 opposite wavemakers . Last one i had melted 3 days after putting in tank weird how some melt so quick and others prosper . Mines not blowing away growing , but hopefully it will split

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back