Trident Reagent Subscription Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

csockwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that @Terrance brought this up in a video during the Trident launch about implementing a subscription service at some point in the future.

Last week, I had to swap out my "Reagent A" bottle, so I went ahead and ordered a new set so they'd be ready when I need to swap out all the reagents in a few weeks.

Just a thought - since we are using the Trident to run multipe tests daily, I'm assuming most would not want to have a lapse in their testing. It would be very easy to forget to order a new set of reagents and then run out.

What if Neptune adds some logic to the "Replace Reagent A" Task that will ask if you'd like to order a new set of reagents? Hopefully, this would be easy to implement and once you create an account with payment information- you'd just click "Yes, order a set" in Fusion and they'd show up in a week or so.

What do you guys think?

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your idea makes sense. It would be even better if there were a subscription discount, either if you pre-pay for a year, or signed up for automatic ordering, similar to every online pet shop, or Amazon Subscribe and Save.

It was on my list of questions to ask yesterday at Reef A Palooza, but I got sidetracked.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s necessary to have it integrated with fusion. They just need a subscription service with their online store, to send it out at the desired interval. For me, every 2 months.

My current strategy is to always have an extra set. So when I put one in, I order another :)

U

User1

View Badges
Your idea makes sense. It would be even better if there were a subscription discount, either if you pre-pay for a year, or signed up for automatic ordering, similar to every online pet shop, or Amazon Subscribe and Save.

Good idea. Similar to buying coffee or similar products on Amazon. Check the box for sub or check the other for one time purchase. If you sub then you save a couple bucks.

Sadly this is going to be seen as a revenue stream / grab and we have already had several of those threads. The bottom line is that we need the regents so why not. At least how I see it. Might as well try and save a couple bucks. Will also be interesting to see if they let others make it and bow out once their supply chain gets set up. Similar to oil in a car, etc.

U

User1

View Badges
Heck, I just want vendors to get them so I don’t have to get whacked for shipping from CA to CT... :(

Knowing the wonky state I live in they probably slap a hazardous material sticker on the box and charge you double because it is a chemical :D

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It was on my list of questions to ask yesterday at Reef A Palooza, but I got sidetracked.
If Neptune did this it would be great for Trident owners. But, those subscription services are usually utilized by a brand/manufacturer to capture and maintain your future purchases from their competitors by offering a discount to subscribe. There are no other options for Trident reagents at this time. So, if you own a Trident you have no options so why would Neptune offer a discount when you will be back in 2 months no matter what. Just playing devils advocate.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be cool is a notification that tells you, based on your daily testing schedule, how many days you have left before you run out of reagent.

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be cool is a notification that tells you, based on your daily testing schedule, how many days you have left before you run out of reagent.

It does tell you how many test are left and how much reagent is left.

upload_2019-6-25_9-17-19.jpeg

upload_2019-6-25_9-17-40.jpeg

The Waste container shows how full your waste container is. You can select Drain and it doesn’t show this or you set the size of the waste container and it keeps track of how full it is so you know when to empty it.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does tell you how many test are left and how much reagent is left.

upload_2019-6-25_9-17-19.jpeg

upload_2019-6-25_9-17-40.jpeg

The Waste container shows how full your waste container is. You can select Drain and it doesn’t show this or you set the size of the waste container and it keeps track of how full it is so you know when to empty it.

# of tests remaining in terms of days/weeks until you run out based on your daily usage.
I know that @Terrance brought this up in a video during the Trident launch about implementing a subscription service at some point in the future.

Last week, I had to swap out my "Reagent A" bottle, so I went ahead and ordered a new set so they'd be ready when I need to swap out all the reagents in a few weeks.

Just a thought - since we are using the Trident to run multipe tests daily, I'm assuming most would not want to have a lapse in their testing. It would be very easy to forget to order a new set of reagents and then run out.

What if Neptune adds some logic to the "Replace Reagent A" Task that will ask if you'd like to order a new set of reagents? Hopefully, this would be easy to implement and once you create an account with payment information- you'd just click "Yes, order a set" in Fusion and they'd show up in a week or so.

What do you guys think?

I like this idea. The issue is that Neptune is a manufacturer and they dont sell directly to consumers. I think this idea would most likely be implemented by a BRS who would have you enter your testing regimen on their site and would schedule your deliveries based on your estimated usage.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how accurate the ‘remaining tests’ are though. I’d be surprised if it’s actually measuring reagent used, rather applying an average usage each time and inferring what’s left. I’d actually be interested to know which. I’d be interested in a bimonthly (or is it semimonthly) subscription as long as the package sitting on my porch for a few days wouldn’t degrade the reagent.

Back