Trident Sign Ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
beginning of second day if I remember correctly. Slowly but surely moving along!!!!

Hmm...that is interesting. easily the first hour after the post here in the forums the day of signup here still listening to Call me Maybe...

Would be interesting for those of us who posted we signed up after the announcement here how many of us have received a call. But here is the waiting list thread and post 88 on June 6th is when we saw it first here. Few of us have signed up right after - still waiting...

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...that is interesting. easily the first hour after the post here in the forums the day of signup here still listening to Call me Maybe...

Would be interesting for those of us who posted we signed up after the announcement here how many of us have received a call. But here is the waiting list thread and post 88 on June 6th is when we saw it first here. Few of us have signed up right after - still waiting...

I haven’t received a call. Was 5-10 minutes after sign up but at this point am hoping some of my other list work out.

U

User1

View Badges
I haven’t received a call. Was 5-10 minutes after sign up but at this point am hoping some of my other list work out.

I was talking to a on line retailer just a few minutes ago. His list is 6 deep but hasn't received a trident in a while. The larger retailers are getting them. Smaller businesses are not...

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking to a on line retailer just a few minutes ago. His list is 6 deep but hasn't received a trident in a while. The larger retailers are getting them. Smaller businesses are not...
I finally made it to 1 on a list but it’s every 2-3 weeks for him to get 1.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah somethings not right if they're already on Day 2 of the list yet none of us who signed up within the first few hours have gotten a call.
Yeah, I signed up on the first day and no call here yet either. BRS needs to man up and admit the list is messed up.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I signed up on the first day and no call here yet either. BRS needs to man up and admit the list is messed up.
If you read previous and other related threads, they pretty much admitted that they had technical issues, but they have the list and they are following it. I was likely one of the first to sign up and I am OK with that approach, make any changes to it now with only create more unhappy customers. Thumbs up for that.

U

User1

View Badges
If you read previous and other related threads, they pretty much admitted that they had technical issues, but they have the list and they are following it. I was likely one of the first to sign up and I am OK with that approach, make any changes to it now with only create more unhappy customers. Thumbs up for that.

I don't disagree but even Dora the Explorer could see that after signing up within the first 10 minutes after go live should put one in the top 25 easy...just saying. Thus the suggestion about sending a lower priority email message asking for position and next number. Add a column to the excel document for a 1 time check in. Seems reasonable.

Then again the longer we wait other products will come out as will feedback from existing users. Maybe change some peoples mind. Maybe not. Glass up - here is to next week.

Edit: List inquiry is really for any list not necessarily unique to this one being discussed.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me finding out that people who signed up on the second day are already receiving their Tridents.
1701675F-1095-49F5-B391-B98E52E571EB.jpeg

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an email Tuesday stating my trident was available, since I have one I declined so hopefully it goes to one of you that signed up early like I did.

U

User1

View Badges
They are only getting 20 a week, and closed the sign ups with WELL over a thousand lol.

One would think I have to be somewhere close by now. I was pretty quick to reply after they posted the sign up link here. 20 a week, wow.

You know what is funny also? It isn't just the trident that is giving them grief. I was looking for a pmup replacement and I can't find one anywhere. All are out of stock unless you find a source with gen1. First the Trident delays and now the v2 pmup.

I'm really wondering what exactly is going on. Trident I can understand since they are the last mile so to speak with their tests before shipping. Pmup though? Just order X amount and be done.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would think I have to be somewhere close by now. I was pretty quick to reply after they posted the sign up link here. 20 a week, wow.

You know what is funny also? It isn't just the trident that is giving them grief. I was looking for a pmup replacement and I can't find one anywhere. All are out of stock unless you find a source with gen1. First the Trident delays and now the v2 pmup.

I'm really wondering what exactly is going on. Trident I can understand since they are the last mile so to speak with their tests before shipping. Pmup though? Just order X amount and be done.
Have you seen mindstream though. Just sayin’

U

User1

View Badges
Have you seen mindstream though. Just sayin’

Yes, I have. I caught a post via one of the automation threads here or somewhere else and started to read up on it. I have nothing against it really and it seems like a unique way of doing tests. However, the subscription cost is a bit high for me. Before we go down the reagent vs. disc subscription vs. other options I believe I understand both sides of the story. I believe the hobbyist will have to choose which one works better and make a choice if/when they are ready.

If the Mindstream offered a different subscription fee I would probably consider it. Think NetFlix for example. DvD, 4K, how many discs out, etc. All at different prices. Most people with controllers be it GHL, Apex, or say Reef Angel, already have temp, pH, ORP, and salinity covered. So to me it would sort of make sense to offer, if possible, a disc with fewer test metrics and be done. I heard earlier today that the thought why they can't is because some of the tests are used to compose or reference other tests. Makes sense. So back to 10 tests all or nothing for the going subscription rate.

I personally have no issue with the method but it just isn't going to work in my budget and a 2 month reagent or 6 month package may work better. Yes, there is maintenance (DIY cheaper, send in cost more) every 18 or so months so we need to factor that in. MS is unknown at this point in time.

Like I said - I think the results may be better than the reagents and as more units of both come online the hobbyist will get a better understanding. Then there are some others due out so who knows. Thus the longer we wait for Trident the more it allows other options to come out with data to compare. So yeah - sorry about TL;DR wall of text.

I've heard and read about it. The subscription is tough for me at the moment (2 in college). Maybe if they give military discount ;)

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have. I caught a post via one of the automation threads here or somewhere else and started to read up on it. I have nothing against it really and it seems like a unique way of doing tests. However, the subscription cost is a bit high for me. Before we go down the reagent vs. disc subscription vs. other options I believe I understand both sides of the story. I believe the hobbyist will have to choose which one works better and make a choice if/when they are ready.

If the Mindstream offered a different subscription fee I would probably consider it. Think NetFlix for example. DvD, 4K, how many discs out, etc. All at different prices. Most people with controllers be it GHL, Apex, or say Reef Angel, already have temp, pH, ORP, and salinity covered. So to me it would sort of make sense to offer, if possible, a disc with fewer test metrics and be done. I heard earlier today that the thought why they can't is because some of the tests are used to compose or reference other tests. Makes sense. So back to 10 tests all or nothing for the going subscription rate.

I personally have no issue with the method but it just isn't going to work in my budget and a 2 month reagent or 6 month package may work better. Yes, there is maintenance (DIY cheaper, send in cost more) every 18 or so months so we need to factor that in. MS is unknown at this point in time.

Like I said - I think the results may be better than the reagents and as more units of both come online the hobbyist will get a better understanding. Then there are some others due out so who knows. Thus the longer we wait for Trident the more it allows other options to come out with data to compare. So yeah - sorry about TL;DR wall of text.

I've heard and read about it. The subscription is tough for me at the moment (2 in college). Maybe if they give military discount ;)
Funny you should say this. I just saw 6 months reagent cost of running trident is only 99 now. I was sitting here and doing calculations. If I’m correct,going for the cheapest version of both (subscription vs 6months and diy replacement) is about 120 difference per year. But that’s not the reason I made the comment, I’m just getting impatient. Lol

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at Mindstream as well, love the concept. First turn off, they will charge your cc and deliver in 8 weeks, I am not willing to finance their biz, next monthly fees are too high, lastly they are building this as completely closed platform. When these companies will learn that open source and collaboration is way to go for all companies in this hobby? It is silly that every vendor is building their own platform.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back