Tumze 5017 - optical sensor issue

Raphael Dalmeida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My 5017 tumze ato optical sensor does not seem to be working anymore, I've tried many methods to test (e.g. vinegar, change positions, test it on a separate bucket).

It always overfills until the float sensor then stops and beeps high level).

I live in Australia and have been trying to either find a replacement or somewhere to get this repaired.

I did send an emal to tunze global but got no response.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If Tunze does not repair units outside US or provide spare optical sensor I'd be thinking of changing to a different ATO also open to suggestions. Thanks.

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is scary after I was just sold on the tunze nano osmolator by BRStv's youtube channel.

(512) 833-7546 is their phone number, German company

I have nothing insightful to add but good luck!

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is scary after I was just sold on the tunze nano osmolator by BRStv's youtube channel.
The float, on both the 3152 and 3155 has a bad habit of getting stuck down. I've read reports of other people saying it and I've had it happen to me as well. For that reason, I always suggest plunking down the extra money for the 3155 (the regular one, not the nano) since it has the optical sensor as well.

However, the OP seems to be having a problem with the optical sensor (meaning they have the 3155). I don't have much to offer as the only time I've had issues with that, it thinks it's full when it's not (so the water gets lower). Cleaning the sensor always helped.

Back