Turtle's Fairy Tale

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch!
I have hard wood, and the edges are lifting just from spills and drips. I have done my own installations and finishing, Not bad but is work and now I let a pro do it. There in and out.
FCS-ClarkeAmericanSanders-SanderDrum-large-01-A.jpg
I have engineered hard wood. If I had that happen I would have no choice but to replace the flooring. It can only be refinished if it is still smooth. :(

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 year old heart pine... replacing is my absolute last option.
That stuff is wonderful.

Not an option for me since our house is on a slab. Great for supporting an aquarium, not great for wood flooring. If I ever have to redo the flooring where my tank is I'm going with the wood look tile.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't grow it like they used too:confused: Todays Pine is too soft. @Brew12 Don't you have a lab? Hows the eng.flooring hold up?
It's holding up very well. It is hickory which helps, but it is also made by Pergo. They use the same ultra strong protective finish on their hard woods that they developed for their laminate flooring. It seems to be very hard and water resistant.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the floor going to be salvageable

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of posts... been kinda bummed lately and today was almost the last nail in the coffin for my hobby, but fret not... Turtle won't let me quit.

For about a week now, my lubbocki wrasse has been MIA. I suspect the snowflake, as there is a metal screen top with no gaps and a 24" 2 bulb t5 fixture sitting on the screen. The brunneus is still well, as well as the rest of my fish. I'll be removing the snowflake soon.

My SPS are starting to feel the brunt of a 40 breeder tank with poor lighting and filtration. LPS is doing exceptionally well, but I've lost the PC Rainbow. I had to frag the staghorn acro as it had some RTN on it and I doubt the frags are going to make it. The LL Do Me and I'll Owe You One looks like it's next...

The BIG hit I took today was Maui went to swim in the big reef tank in the sky. He still didn't have his normal voracious appetite as when I got him. Very rarely would he accept food of any kind, and I tried everything in the book. I honestly think it was being in the Deep Blue with that sand from hades.

RIP little guy :(

20180604_122917.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this outshines my trachy I will be very grumpy! ;)
That is a wicked mix of colours, I would have bought that! :)

You're always grumpy tho... ;)

Wait until you see the wicked mix of colors I have coming tomorrow. Oh, wait... Did I just drop a hint?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a colorful new tank? Any updates there?

Oh yea that too... it's in Columbia, so about a half hour away from me. I have a voicemail on my phone from when I was sleeping I need to check. Yay, night shift. I have a feeling its the shipping company.

Screenshot_20180604-124948_Chrome.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back