OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also don't forget to move things far enough away from the 3 sides you'll be cleaning for "das magas floatas" or whatever you'll use to clean da glass. Otherwise though I really like the layout.

"Das magas floatas" ;Woot;Woot;Woot

Yes, the three sides are clear. That rock in the front right may get moved out of the way to clear up sand bed for sebae. Depends on where it wants to live.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I ask the experts. I planned on those anemones because I wanted a pair of cinnamon clowns. I looked up their natural host anemones and found out they like BTAs LTAs and Sebaes.

The scape is completely subject to change. I can add or remove rocks if needed. I just put all the rocks I had in the curing tote in there to start with. I know it's a small(20"x20"x20") cube so number of nems will be limited. I think what I had in mind really is what you suggested, but kept forgetting the size of the LTA. One sebae in the sand and a couple nice BTAs on the rocks.

I agree with what you and @Amoo are thinking. The Sebae would give a different look for sure from the BTA. Often an LTA can look similar to a BTA that has no bubbles. That is a pretty small tank though for more than that.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found more... life, today. Anyone got an ID? It's a nudi, but should I go into panic mode and pull all my montipora or is it harmless?

20180819_150124.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found more... life, today. Anyone got an ID? It's a nudi, but should I go into panic mode and pull all my montipora or is it harmless?

20180819_150124.jpg
I hate to say it, but I think it is very likely that it is a montipora eating nudi. :(

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on that one, maybe remove it just in case...

Yea I was just about to that after a few water tests and... well the two I saw on the glass have now moved on. I'm not sure if a fish snatched them up or they got blown off.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't your Wrasse help with them?

Cleo, yes... leopard wrasse do eat things off the rocks. She's constantly pecking. My brunneus couldn't care less what is on the rocks. I'm looking at another wrasse to add. Gotta check compatibility, and if it even eats these things, but I think a Halichoeres iridis will be added soon.

Also, I just read that the Coris and Thalassoma genera eats them and the bluehead wrasse Thalassoma bifasciatum caught my eye, but I doubt its compatible with more peaceful wrasse. Also, 7" full grown. Big(but slender) fish but LA says they are fine in a 75g tank...

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh I can see them! KILL THEM WITH BAYER AND FIRE AND LASERS AND CANNONS. Protect the MONTI

img_1563-jpg.459151

I need to go buy some Bayer. This Coral Rx Pro isn't doing "cow cookies." They are dancing around in there looking for the next monti to munch. That's a 2.5qt bowl half full. The directions on the bottle of dip say 30 drops per gallon. I did 15 drops and had to manually remove each one. They are still moving, although slowly. There's a amphi/copepod having a seizure also...

Three in this photo, just chilling, looking for monti to eat. Still alive 30 minutes in the dip.

20180819_173007.jpg

Montis are back in the tank, blasted free of nudis and scraped the undersides for eggs and attached to new plugs except for the Stelatta, which has encrusted pretty much the whole plug. Polyps already coming back out on the Stelatta, so that's a good sign. The spongodes on the far right I'm pretty sure is stripped, but I'll give it a chance. The two caps I'm expecting to be fine as well. The digi on the left has some STN at the base and the polyps havent come out for a few days. Might lose it.

20180819_173237.jpg

Oh, yea the JKR Apocalypse Now acro on the far far right is still doing well and has great PE. Just thought I'd mention it since it's kinda in the photo.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, I did math wrong. 2.5qt bowl approx. half full is 1qt. 30 drops per gallon would be 7 drops for recommended dose. I did 15 so that was double dose and they were still alive. I just went to 4x dose experimenting and some are still alive. They did writhe in pain as I added the extra 15 drops. That was fun to watch.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked with trusted LSF owner. Guy has been in the buisness side of the hobby almost as long as I've been alive. He said to trash all my montis and keep any new montis out of the tank for 4 months. I could save them if I had a coral qt, and dipped every 3 days to kill newly hatched eggs... but for 3 frags it will be cheaper to just toss them. Besides what do I look like I'm made of? It's not money because I cant afford a coral qt and my display.

If anyone was wondering what to get me for Xmas.... any and all branching and plating montis.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a 2nd tank running don't you???

Yes, no lights or filtration other than a very small clump of chaeto really, and there's a monti eating dwarf angel in there. It'll be fine. The only one I can't get back is the purple with green polpys... and I have a hunch it came in on that one.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back