OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the ceriths and trochus. Definitely active members of the cuc although my ceriths seem to prefer the rock (or my urchins back)

I have two fighting conches in my 75 as well.

I have a few ceriths already, but they may have ended up as emerald/hermit crab food... seems they go for them first instead of the bigger nerites.

Staying on the rocks is something I am looking for. My nerites would rather stay on the glass.

I am concerned about the cowries being able to defend against a few facetious hermits and an abusive emerald. From the looks, they cant close up all the way and have their fleshy bits hanging out quite a way... @najer do you have any problem with this?

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few ceriths already, but they may have ended up as emerald/hermit crab food... seems they go for them first instead of the bigger nerites.

Staying on the rocks is something I am looking for. My nerites would rather stay on the glass.

I am concerned about the cowries being able to defend against a few facetious hermits and an abusive emerald. From the looks, they cant close up all the way and have their fleshy bits hanging out quite a way... @najer do you have any problem with this?
I think most of my nerites got evicted by my hermits but ceriths still going strong.

Also love my super tongan nassarius. That guy is a speed demon whenever he happens to pop up

I rarely see my emerald unless lights are out but my Sally is all over the tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached my bonsai... must have been light shock from sitting on the rack for so long to finally being moved over to the rocks under the Kessils. The purple stick right next to it looks fine tho, healthy actually.

20181223_212718.jpg
20181223_212731.jpg

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most of my nerites got evicted by my hermits but ceriths still going strong.

Also love my super tongan nassarius. That guy is a speed demon whenever he happens to pop up

I rarely see my emerald unless lights are out but my Sally is all over the tank

How is your sally with fish? I have a few small fish and Sally’s can get to be a decent size.

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have never had a problem with them being predated, when I had the puffer they went nocturnal, once the mantle is in there is only a very small slit for things to try and get at the soft bits.
Mine do visit the glass for film algae but spend 95% of their time on the scape.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your sally with fish? I have a few small fish and Sally’s can get to be a decent size.
Mine is pretty good size. It has molted several times.

He never seems to bother any fish but is a pretty aggressive eater during feeding time. He is pretty entertaining as far as crabs go

Edit: I've seen him chase fish away on occasion but never really try and catch them
448927ee8a0f3f1379187a8389be396a.jpg

Last edited:

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is pretty good size. It has molted several times.

He never seems to bother any fish but is a pretty aggressive eater during feeding time. He is pretty entertaining as far as crabs go

Edit: I've seen him chase fish away on occasion but never really try and catch them
448927ee8a0f3f1379187a8389be396a.jpg

Awesome! Thanks so much for the reply.

Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everyone had a happy holiday. Mine was full of family and food!

While feeding the fish yesterday, I decided to record and share with the local reef group's Facebook page. Sort of a happy holiday sharing gesture.

Going back and watching I realized something amazing. Not one, but two leopard wrasse in the fray, eating frozen.

If you haven't been following along, my black leopard was the soul survivor of a trio I got back in September. One was DOA, and the second passed only after 24 hours in my 20 long QT with a sand layer and cycled live rock. A bare bones FOWLR if you will. Since going thru treatment for flukes and internal parasites, it has eaten only pods in my reef. Three months on pods only, ignoring all other types of food, and still looked healthy.

Yesterday was the first time I observed her actively eating LRS Reef Frenzy. I honestly believe it wouldn't have happened using any other food but LRS. The quality is top notch. Second to none.

I get no sponsorship, or kick backs from LRS, I just believe in their foods that much.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could only get it locally...
I actually meant to ask you before we met that last time if you wanted me to bring some up. Will have to plan accordingly next time where Ill pick up a couple of bricks on my way to meet you.

I havent tried many other brands but once I saw the reaction of the fish with LRS I never tried anything else aside from staple mysis.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back