OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, took this the other day. My acans are recovering... but it seems some magic ulva has appeared also. I don't ever remember having ulva before. How do I convince my tomini this stuff is food and not to wait on myeto fill the algae clip once a week?

I know, buy an urchin. Those things eat 24/7.

20191211_192009.jpg
20191211_192016.jpg

Last edited:

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrWheelock thanks for the love! This guy has grown a lot. He's around 4" now. His name is Ahi, it means flame in Maori.

20191206_141433.jpg
He's gorgeous! Im jealous, I love my kole tang but man if I ever get another tang...
Dont mind the like spam, just found your thread so I'll be catching up :)

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's gorgeous! Im jealous, I love my kole tang but man if I ever get another tang...
Dont mind the like spam, just found your thread so I'll be catching up :)
"like" spam away. lol. Actually, it's kind of acting like a fountain of youth... making me want to get the tank back 100% even quicker.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the filtration set up, as well as most of my equipment. I seriously need to do some cable management behind the stand tho.

20180525_185902.jpg
;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Cable management... what's that? I've got a mess behind the tank. IDK which cable is which anymore.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden - What make and model is the antique tractor your mother-in-law owns?
Ugh, you would ask that... its red, but it isn't a Massey... Farmall maybe? Yea the wife agrees with Farmall. No idea on model...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, you would ask that... its red, but it isn't a Massey... Farmall maybe? Yea the wife agrees with Farmall. No idea on model...

Well, you're no help, at all! ha!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice tractor! Thanks for finding out. The reason I asked is because I rebuilt and modified a tractor from about the same era. It was an Allis Chalmers WD45 with what they referred to as the "Power Crater" engine. I traded an 18" jointer for it. It ran pretty well when I got it but I decided to rebuild it anyway. I also swapped out the narrow front end for a wide front end, added hydraulics and a front end loader, had to make a number of custom parts for the addition of the front end loader, etc. It was a labor of love as I used to really like working on anything with a motor.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice tractor! Thanks for finding out. The reason I asked is because I rebuilt and modified a tractor from about the same era. It was an Allis Chalmers WD45 with what they referred to as the "Power Crater" engine. I traded an 18" jointer for it. It ran pretty well when I got it but I decided to rebuild it anyway. I also swapped out the narrow front end for a wide front end, added hydraulics and a front end loader, had to make a number of custom parts for the addition of the front end loader, etc. It was a labor of love as I used to really like working on anything with a motor.
I'm a mechanic myself. Not by profession anymore, but I do all my own repairs and some of friends... if its held together with nuts and bolts, I can figure out how to fix it.

Still havent heard back on what model that Farmall is. I'd love to have an old Ford tractor, but I have no room for one. I own a whopping acre of land.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a mechanic myself. Not by profession anymore, but I do all my own repairs and some of friends... if its held together with nuts and bolts, I can figure out how to fix it.

Still havent heard back on what model that Farmall is. I'd love to have an old Ford tractor, but I have no room for one. I own a whopping acre of land.

Yup, I remember about you wrenching on your Ford Excursion any number of times. That's why I threw Ford into the convo.

An acre is a kingdom to some.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I remember about you wrenching on your Ford Excursion any number of times. That's why I threw Ford into the convo.

An acre is a kingdom to some.
It's a F250, but it has a camper shell so it look like an Excursion. I wouldn't mind having one of those tho. By the way, the truck always needs wrenching. Got a bearing noise in it right now that I can't pinpoint. Sounds like it's coming from the front, roll the window down and all I hear is diesel... shutoff the engine and still nothing. Roll the window up and it's back. Only hear it under about 30mph, doesnt change while turning or acceleration or deceleration or in 2wd or 4wd.. I'm starting to think it's the center bearing in the driveshaft...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a F250, but it has a camper shell so it look like an Excursion. I wouldn't mind having one of those tho. By the way, the truck always needs wrenching. Got a bearing noise in it right now that I can't pinpoint. Sounds like it's coming from the front, roll the window down and all I hear is diesel... shutoff the engine and still nothing. Roll the window up and it's back. Only hear it under about 30mph, doesnt change while turning or acceleration or deceleration or in 2wd or 4wd.. I'm starting to think it's the center bearing in the driveshaft...

Sounds like you need a louder stereo!

Seriously, though, sounds like you may be on to something with the center driveshaft bearing. Oh, BTW, I drive a '97 F350 with fiberglass utility body and generator. Cab is rusted. Only 93,000 miles. Not pretty to look at but gets the job done. Kinda like me!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need a louder stereo!

Seriously, though, sounds like you may be on to something with the center driveshaft bearing. Oh, BTW, I drive a '97 F350 with fiberglass utility body and generator. Cab is rusted. Only 93,000 miles. Not pretty to look at but gets the job done. Kinda like me!
199500 miles. No rust. Truck has been titled in Alabama and Alaska, but most of its life before I got it was in SC and all of it since I had it.

The original grill when i bought the truck had snaps for a grill cover for cold weather. I never got the cover, but it's not like i need it here. A deer went thru that grill anyway.

Back