Upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter ianparky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ianparky

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
138
Reaction score
2
Location
liverpool
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 10g nano reef and ive just got a 20 g tank given to me and want to transfer everything over.its been running about 18months.will it be safe to transfer the sand bed over as long as i do frequent water changes afterwards.i plan on using as much of my tank water ad poss and then top up with new.
 
I would get new sand and make sure that sand is clean. I would not want to disturb a sand bed by moving it cause it could could cause a mini cycle. Just move your rock and some water over to the new tank
 
+1 on getting a new Sand and the rest are ok to transfer.
 
yup as was stated buy new sand.Whipping around old sand an cause spikes that will affect your livestock
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new