Vibrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what organism presents the strongest competition to cyanobacteria?
Hard to say. There's not just one type of cyanobacteria, some are understood better than others but like many things in this hobby, solutions are largely anecdotal and vary in effectiveness from one system to the next. Could likely be another bacteria we know little about in the hobby at this point? Took me over a year to wait mine out (red Cyano, never put it under a microscope). Bringing a good carbon/nitrate/phosphate balance seemed to help, along with bringing A LOT more flow to my tank and feeding more often after the ~1.5 year mark.

SashaM24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had great results with my bubble algae that I had been fighting for over a year. Also had some turf algae in my tank that it took care of as well. I followed the recommended dosing and actually cut back a little. My starfish are the only inverts in my tank that seemed to not like it. Everything else, corals and fish have been okay.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using it two weeks ago (this week will be the 3rd dose) with dosing once a week after seeing my LFS use it. I asked my LFS what it was and he told me all about it. Then BRS did the video the next day confirming everything my LFS had said. Now, I did not see results until the end of last week (a few days after the 2nd dose). But I can say that it does work for my tank!

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using it two weeks ago (this week will be the 3rd dose) with dosing once a week after seeing my LFS use it. I asked my LFS what it was and he told me all about it. Then BRS did the video the next day confirming everything my LFS had said. Now, I did not see results until the end of last week (a few days after the 2nd dose). But I can say that it does work for my tank!

Took me over 7 months dosing twice a week to get rid of my bubble algae with Vibrant but it's GONE. Not a trace of it anywhere. No cyano, no issues, just healthy coraline left behind.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me over 7 months dosing twice a week to get rid of my bubble algae with Vibrant but it's GONE. Not a trace of it anywhere. No cyano, no issues, just healthy coraline left behind.
that is my goal. have 4' 120g bare bottom and I want the entire bottom covered in coralline. As with anything, I think results and time frame of results are going to vary from tank to tank

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing a good carbon/nitrate/phosphate balance seemed to help, along with bringing A LOT more flow to my tank and feeding more often after the ~1.5 year mark.
Cyanobacteria is a common problem related to nutrient control. Like someone mentioned earlier, band aid treatments, however good they are, will not prevent future outbreaks if the underlying factors that allowed the bloom to occur are not addressed.

The attached tech paper discusses the importance of maintaining a healthy ratio between N : C : P and the TRITON Ratio that we discovered based on research conducted over several years of testing. TRITON N-DOC lab testing finally allows aquarists to measure these elements in the aquarium and dose accordingly to maintain the balance.

Attachments

• Triton Tech Paper - TRITON Ratios 1.2 copy 2.pdf
    384.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyanobacteria is a common problem related to nutrient control. Like someone mentioned earlier, band aid treatments, however good they are, will not prevent future outbreaks if the underlying factors that allowed the bloom to occur are not addressed.

The attached tech paper discusses the importance of maintaining a healthy ratio between N : C : P and the TRITON Ratio that we discovered based on research conducted over several years of testing. TRITON N-DOC lab testing finally allows aquarists to measure these elements in the aquarium and dose accordingly to maintain the balance.
it breaks down detritus and algae, that's not a band aid treatment

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it breaks down detritus and algae, that's not a band aid treatment
He was pretty clear as to why this is not the case. The underlying/root causes of the issue are not addressed so it's bound to return. I'll go further to say that cyano is not an excess nutrient issue (more likely imbalance).

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back