ViparSpectra 48" tank with Hood

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnthonyN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AnthonyN

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I completely appreciate all of those who participate and provide knowledge to those who need it like myself. Recently joined R2R and this is my first post.

I am wanting to purchase new lights for my 65G 48" FOWLR tank that is Furniture in my Living Room. Currently it is fish only BUT it has no color that we would completely enjoy. Anyhow, I have a HOOD because it it the focal point of our Living Room/ nice CLEAN look, beautiful addition to our home.

I have in the past modified hoods (last 15 years) and have had (4) 110W VHO Flourescents, but have been doing LED's on a wonderful 48" that is dying.

I am looking to replace with VIPARSPECTRA timer, 300W 32" and 165W 16" to light my tank. ANY Ideas? How to mount this in a Hood?

Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? Poor idea? Different lighting purchase might be better?

Let me know.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new