vitamin soaking food.. brands??

ks_reeftank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Messages
158
Reaction score
1
Location
ks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know every situation is different on feeding schedule and amouts acording to what fish or other animals are in your system. I feed a flake mix at night and mid day I rotate frozen mysis / brine / and occasional blood worms lately to try it out. I use selcon to soak frozen.

So whats everyones opinions on selcon. Got me to thinking what all options are out there.
How long do u think soaking a cube in vitamins should be done also. 5 min / an hour ?? I try for at least 15min with a little tank water in a small measuring cup.
 
I've used Selcon for years. My fish like it and are healthy. There might be something better out there but it works for me. I soak mine for about 30 minutes.
 
My fish like it too, just being curious. I plan to keep using it. Side question, u keep it im fridge or just on shelf
 
Interesting. Mines in fridge but I always wondered if it needed to be
 
I personally just started using vita-chem, but that's because I got a very large free sample and my struggling moon brain frag is responding well to it.

Selcon seems to be the usual go-to vitamin supplement for SW. I haven't yet tried it, personally.
 
I have both Selcon and vita-chem and alternate from time to time. I keep my Selcon in the fridge... Assumed they put that on the bottle for a reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new