water temp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you keep your water temp inthe winter mine is running around 76.8 degrees should i turn on the heater?
 
I still keep mine at about 79 as best I can.
 
76 in low thats at night when the lights come on it around 78 is this ok?
 
I have my RKL set up to keep it at 78 and it does great when lights are off, raises a bit to 79.5 during lights on...
 
76.8 is fine but try keeping it stable. 76.8 - 78 is not a problem at all.
 
got home from a work trip...tank in the house 70. Tank in the garage 66 :O love my wife but wish I could have got a warning about that....Reef keeper elite calling my name.
 
78.5 +/- .1 degree when the outside weather gets above 75 the tank will get up to 80.5 with the halides on.
 
I shoot for 80deg but I honestly believe it is best to let my tank have swings. In the wild reefs the temps are constantly changing and I believe this makes the corals more resilient to change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new