Waterbox 7225 - Help silencing overflow

Let's get you some help. What is the problem? Noise in the overflow, or water level in the sump, or what?
It’s really tough to regulate the the levels in the overflow. WB says to make slight turns on the gate valve and wait 3-5 minutes before trying again. The amount of times I’ve done this is insane. It’s never “just right” ☹️
 
Brand new. I don't even care about the noise at this point. No matter how delicately, or how much I adjust the gate valve, the return chamber water level, never completely covers the pump. I finally got it to a level where it just covered the rear housing of the pump and then in the middle of the night, it was shooting bubbles in the WC. Flow is pulled back to 15% and I haven't changed it so I don't know whats going on.
You need more water in your sump. Add a few gallons of saltwater to the system.
 
Yeah, I did that too, but the sounds just never stop. I have it in my bedroom, which is pretty big but I had to unplug the pump last night. Ugh.
You should be able to get it to be silent... Let me know if you want me to troubleshoot with you.
 
Yeah, I did that too, but the sounds just never stop. I have it in my bedroom, which is pretty big but I had to unplug the pump last night. Ugh.
What sounds? From the overflow or sump? Air going down the overflow? Any pics or video?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new