What did you do to your tank today?

Just took this one from the couch.
Assembled my rack for my switch to MH.
No hurry as it should be up by the end of the month.
20200809_192502.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just took this one from the couch.
Assembled my rack for my switch to MH.
No hurry as it should be up by the end of the month.
20200809_192502.jpg
Okay... : ) I gotta ask lol

You and I have chatted a lot.

That’s a really deep tank for the height you built it too. How big are those corals gonna grow? : )
 
I put a fish trap in. Need to treat Powder Blue for popeye and micro-bubbles in one eye. Have qt tank and erythromycin ready.

20200809_221320.jpg
 
Okay... : ) I gotta ask lol

You and I have chatted a lot.

That’s a really deep tank for the height you built it too. How big are those corals gonna grow? : )
The stags will grow to the surface is what im shooting for.
I have 2 purple 1 blue one surf and turf and 2 green slimers and 1 wild.
The slimers are the slowest vertical growers of the bunch, go figure. They have based out and are finaly growing vertical after a year.
I wanted room for everything to grow as opposed to the great rock wall I have always done.
The 12 fish like the room.
I have quite a few wild corals so no idea how they will grow vertically.
Have already removed/ fragged several corals to direct growth.
The elkhorn monti was a coral weed and I removed it but you can never get it all as its starting to grow back in a couple of small areas.
I have a few that are close to growing into each other so will see how it goes.
 
The stags will grow to the surface is what im shooting for.
I have 2 purple 1 blue one surf and turf and 2 green slimers and 1 wild.
The slimers are the slowest vertical growers of the bunch, go figure. They have based out and are finaly growing vertical after a year.
I wanted room for everything to grow as opposed to the great rock wall I have always done.
The 12 fish like the room.
I have quite a few wild corals so no idea how they will grow vertically.
Have already removed/ fragged several corals to direct growth.
The elkhorn monti was a coral weed and I removed it but you can never get it all as its starting to grow back in a couple of small areas.
I have a few that are close to growing into each other so will see how it goes.
Very cool
 
I bought Red Sea powered calcium supplement and I have no idea how to dose it, so I am winging it. :oops:

I couldn't get the stuff I normally use.
 
Removed one more dead hammer, did a full water test (all good, except Nitrates at 15), fed the fish (4 times pellets, 2 times mysis shrimp), adjusted lighting from max 45% to 55% to see if remaining corals like it better. Walked past the tank 15-20 times staring at it 5-10 minutes at a time. Topped up my 100L ATO, good for another 12-14 days.
 
Did water test last night. Quick clean and small water change this morning. Now waiting to see if Fed Ex can actually get here by 10:30Am this time with some new Additions that I ordered from BlueZoo. Last time they were 3 hours late.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new