0   0   0
Resident Manager ,
A good part of my salary and most of my tips go...............in my tank.:D

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entomologist. I work at a bio-control lab for the ARS. My research is focused on the biological control of the invasive Asian long horned beetle.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Environmental compliance chemist for CH2M now Jacobs, specializing in wastewater treatment.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemical Engineer and MBA... working for a major energy and chemical company that makes the chemicals that go into thousands of products that we use in our everyday lives.

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Computer Consultant. Currently, doing Network Systems design and troubleshooting.
http://www.ctcs.biz

I have been in the hobby since 1974. At first, like most hobbies, the starting expense is fairly steep. But amortized over many years, it is not too bad. My biggest expense was the tear down and restart just recently. But it is not near as expensive as the reason for it. Lymphoma Cancer treatments are expensive. They run about 100,000 per treatment, with six treatments, reaches exorbitant amounts. I tore the tanks down and sold them off so my wife would not have to deal with them should I not make it. This was a poor move on my part as I made it just fine. Now I am rebuilding and having a good time.

I should say I lost the argument with my wife. I wanted a 75 Gallon in my office. She said no. Instead she wanted a 75 Gallon in the living room and large tank in the office. We are still discussing how large, as she wants over 300 Gallons. I am looking at 240 Gallons max. I may loose, but the benefit is, I will gain a helper to buy and take care of the tanks.

As is I work to have fun with the current tank.

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Computer Consultant. Currently, doing Network Systems design and troubleshooting.
http://www.ctcs.biz

I have been in the hobby since 1974. At first, like most hobbies, the starting expense is fairly steep. But amortized over many years, it is not too bad. My biggest expense was the tear down and restart just recently. But it is not near as expensive as the reason for it. Lymphoma Cancer treatments are expensive. They run about 100,000 per treatment, with six treatments, reaches exorbitant amounts. I tore the tanks down and sold them off so my wife would not have to deal with them should I not make it. This was a poor move on my part as I made it just fine. Now I am rebuilding and having a good time.

I should say I lost the argument with my wife. I wanted a 75 Gallon in my office. She said no. Instead she wanted a 75 Gallon in the living room and large tank in the office. We are still discussing how large, as she wants over 300 Gallons. I am looking at 240 Gallons max. I may loose, but the benefit is, I will helper to buy and take care of the tanks.

As is I work to have fun with the current tank.

Life changing events often put us on a different path in life by providing clarity and perspective.

My life changing event came after being wounded in battle for the fourth time. This time it took 5 surgeries and being clinically dead for 2 minutes and 43 seconds for the doctors were able to revive me. After recovering I was offered a promotion and nearly 1 million in cash if I would agree to stay another 5 years.

I turned it down and retired. I have done and seen far too much, more than any person should ever have to deal with.

My little reef tank has been and for me is the best mental therapy I could ask for, the tank is a technical challenge, a 24/7 problem to solve and a new learning experience.

You are fortunate to have survived, may you have many more happy and fruitful years ahead of you.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chemical engineer in the power industry

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life changing events often put us on a different path in life by providing clarity and perspective.

My life changing event came after being wounded in battle for the fourth time. This time it took 5 surgeries and being clinically dead for 2 minutes and 43 seconds for the doctors were able to revive me. After recovering I was offered a promotion and nearly 1 million in cash if I would agree to stay another 5 years.

I turned it down and retired. I have done and seen far too much, more than any person should ever have to deal with.

My little reef tank has been and for me is the best mental therapy I could ask for, the tank is a technical challenge, a 24/7 problem to solve and a new learning experience.

You are fortunate to have survived, may you have many more happy and fruitful years ahead of you.
I agree watching the tank is very peaceful and therapeutic.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back