What Do You Need 3d Designed & Printed (YouTube Channel)

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught up on the thread and have been watching the YouTube videos… Awesome stuff!! Can’t wait to see more of the stuff you design and make!
Thank you. It is hard to find the time right now but I am trying to get a few videos posted each month.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hmmm, this is interesting. How big are you thinking? because I was trying to make something like this for one of my nano tanks to sit in the back chamber.
i will get the measurements and get back to you!

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
Just finished up a long video. I finally got a chance to add an Auto Top-Off unit to my Waterbox Peninsula Mini 15g. This was long overdue but it turned out great. I had a lot of fun with this project so let me know what you think of it. Thanks

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video! Something that really caught my eye was the Monster Jam. I must have been sitting close to you as my pictures from that day are from the same angle.:cool: Anyhow, are you still looking for ideas to print?

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video! Something that really caught my eye was the Monster Jam. I must have been sitting close to you as my pictures from that day are from the same angle.:cool: Anyhow, are you still looking for ideas to print?
Always.

We went to Monster Jam the last Sunday in Anaheim. If you were there we must have been just a few seats away from each other.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small world.:cool: I was wanting to create something to make it easier to buff out acrylic tanks. Doing it by hand can be long and exhausting. Using power tools could make it quick and easy. So something like this is what I had in mind.
Magnetic Power Cleaner.jpg

This is a very rough draft just to get the idea. The axle and the magnets would obviously not be printed but would it be feasible to print a housing?

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small world.:cool: I was wanting to create something to make it easier to buff out acrylic tanks. Doing it by hand can be long and exhausting. Using power tools could make it quick and easy. So something like this is what I had in mind.
Magnetic Power Cleaner.jpg

This is a very rough draft just to get the idea. The axle and the magnets would obviously not be printed but would it be feasible to print a housing?
This is cool. I drew up something similar a few years back for acrylic tanks. They always get so scratched up and I couldn't find anything that would work to clean the inside of the tank.
You could just use some of the standard size polishing pads on both the inside and outside of the tank.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been swamped lately but I just finished the latest build. I made a light shade diffuser for the Kessil A80 nano reef light. I am going to be putting this on a tank that I have going up soon and I think it turned out awesome. Check out the video and please leave a comment if you have any questions. Thanks,

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been swamped lately but I just finished the latest build. I made a light shade diffuser for the Kessil A80 nano reef light. I am going to be putting this on a tank that I have going up soon and I think it turned out awesome. Check out the video and please leave a comment if you have any questions. Thanks,

This is very cool. Maybe this will keep some of the light off of my skimmer.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in getting some ideas I have printed. I run straight 1.25" PVC right into my tank for a return.

Ive played with cutting slits and pushing various angled pieces in as well as a hole with a hinge on it so it could flap both ways creating turbulence.. and it's great actually but I think i can do better then what I've got if you're willing to take my money and possibly talk about some concepts?

Great work and thread idea. I just found it somehow having missed it searching this very topic..

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to verify the diameter but I need 4 rfg nozzles that are bigger then currently available. I have either 1 1/2, 1 3/4 , or 2" outlets for my closed loop on my back wall. I'd love to screw in the rfg nozzles to shift the output flow to random.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in getting some ideas I have printed. I run straight 1.25" PVC right into my tank for a return.

Ive played with cutting slits and pushing various angled pieces in as well as a hole with a hinge on it so it could flap both ways creating turbulence.. and it's great actually but I think i can do better then what I've got if you're willing to take my money and possibly talk about some concepts?

Great work and thread idea. I just found it somehow having missed it searching this very topic..
This sounds interesting. So it kind of alternates the flow into the tank. Ive seen some of the returns that swivel and the random flow generator but I haven't made anything yet. I have not been able to figure out how to make the flow alternate without a lot of moving parts that will eventually fail. Although I have not spent a lot of time on this as well. Shoot me a DM.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to verify the diameter but I need 4 rfg nozzles that are bigger then currently available. I have either 1 1/2, 1 3/4 , or 2" outlets for my closed loop on my back wall. I'd love to screw in the rfg nozzles to shift the output flow to random.
I've already drawn up designs for creating my own version of the RFG nozzle so maybe I can start by trying to make it for the size you need. Confirm the size and I'll have to pick up some locline. The largest I have is 1" at the moment.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell how long a print will take from an STL file? Just curious. I have no idea how any of this works.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell how long a print will take from an STL file? Just curious. I have no idea how any of this works.

When you load it into the slicer it will give you a somewhat accurate estimate of how much time and material will be required.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds interesting. So it kind of alternates the flow into the tank. Ive seen some of the returns that swivel and the random flow generator but I haven't made anything yet. I have not been able to figure out how to make the flow alternate without a lot of moving parts that will eventually fail. Although I have not spent a lot of time on this as well. Shoot me a DM.
Something like that. I always change the direction of my return, randomly day to day or week to week. Right now I have it where a thumb screw can be turned and it will adjust a flap inside the pipe.. think of a jet boat with the rudder inside the tube to change directions and the sides of the pipe have a half in notch out so it's literally spraying a 1.25" thick sheet of water at 2700gph it's crazy lol. Way better than just a pipe anyway.

I've got other neat ideas for return nozzles, I'll have to reach out soon with the ones I really want made the most.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of time a print takes all depends on how big and complex the model is that is being printed. The STL file is just the file format of the 3d model.
The light shade above takes about 8 hours to print.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back