What Do You Need 3d Designed & Printed (YouTube Channel)

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That awesome. I didn't know that it glowed. I am running the black PETG guards in my tanks.
It is very odd looking, but coralline is already moving in though you can't see the coralline in contrast with the orange glasses.

I may need to get some more black filament to make this blend into the background a bit, though that may not matter soon.

BlakeFL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 10g cube and have thought of making a surface skimmer similar to the one inTank makes but am horrible at modeling. Is this something you could make? It should work for the 15g peninsula as well

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this idea, I wish I could design my own models, I have 2 3D Printers but am reliant on Thingiverse to make the parts I want, lol.

I would like an Anemone Guard for the Sicce XStream SDC wavemakers. My BTA likes to travel, and more than once I've had to block him from hitting the return... One of these days I'm not going to be around while it's happening and then I'll have an anemone slushie in my tank.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 10g cube and have thought of making a surface skimmer similar to the one inTank makes but am horrible at modeling. Is this something you could make? It should work for the 15g peninsula as well
Thats something I could do and it would not be to hard. I’m a little confused about the purpose of a surface skimmer if you have an overflow or All in one tank. My understanding is that it would do the same thing because they are also surface skimming. Is the purpose to have better control of the water level in the tank or am I missing something?

JT26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is working great so far at keeping snails out, thankfully I have not had my nem test it. My nem has stayed right where I put it thankfully.

Also this purple ABS glows under the blue lights when you put on blue light blocking glasses, it gives it a real "coralline" look
What brand of filament is it on that abs? Trying to find one that glow as well.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need a cover for the plumbing section of a IM nuvo 200 int overflow box , its coast to coast but I just need main section with return and downpipes. . However my tank is on order and i don't have exact dimensions, even IM couldnt give them to me:/

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a cover for the plumbing section of a IM nuvo 200 int overflow box , its coast to coast but I just need main section with return and downpipes. . However my tank is on order and i don't have exact dimensions, even IM couldnt give them to me:/
If you can find the exact dimensions this would not be hard to make. Do you have a printer?

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the latest build if anyone is interested. Please comment and let me know if you would like files for anything I've made.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i can't think of what i may need currently, but i will be following the thread to see if anyone else requests anything i can't think of!

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a clip on bracket and clear splash guard / salt protector faceplate for a hanging Radion g5 XR 30 maybe even an option for a shaped one for light deflection just an Idea.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a clip on bracket and clear splash guard / salt protector faceplate for a hanging Radion g5 XR 30 maybe even an option for a shaped one for light deflection just an Idea.
I’ve been asked to make something for the Radion several time but the one major issue is that I don’t have one. I’ve tried making models for equipment that I don’t have in hand in the past but it never turns out right because I can’t test it. Something is always slightly off with the measurements.
I need to start asking these companies if they will give me the CAD files for their products. That would save a ton of time.

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been asked to make something for the Radion several time but the one major issue is that I don’t have one. I’ve tried making models for equipment that I don’t have in hand in the past but it never turns out right because I can’t test it. Something is always slightly off with the measurements.
I need to start asking these companies if they will give me the CAD files for their products. That would save a ton of time.
If I had a spare I’d send it to you! Yeah I agree but if you let them know why… they would just steal the idea for themselves!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
a hanging crate for chaeto in the fuge. something that will hang off the edges of my 20G Long sump

UVaJester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught up on the thread and have been watching the YouTube videos… Awesome stuff!! Can’t wait to see more of the stuff you design and make!

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a hanging crate for chaeto in the fuge. something that will hang off the edges of my 20G Long sump
Hmmm, this is interesting. How big are you thinking? because I was trying to make something like this for one of my nano tanks to sit in the back chamber.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back