What is the most expensive item you bought for your tank and no longer use?

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows the ammonia monitoring on it?
It works quite well in my experience. I still recommend cross checking with a liquid test like Red Sea as nothing is perfect. But the Seneye will literally show you how your ammonia rises and then is converted over hours. It’s also a PAR meter which is cool. Downside is for the PH and ammonia reading you need the slides (really only needed while cycling tho. It also requires to be plugged into a USB 3 to work. View it more as a temp and PAR meter more than anything else. So if you want a temp monitor and PAR meter you’ll like it.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works quite well in my experience. I still recommend cross checking with a liquid test like Red Sea as nothing is perfect. But the Seneye will literally show you how your ammonia rises and then is converted over hours. It’s also a PAR meter which is cool. Downside is for the PH and ammonia reading you need the slides (really only needed while cycling tho. It also requires to be plugged into a USB 3 to work. View it more as a temp and PAR meter more than anything else. So if you want a temp monitor and PAR meter you’ll like it.
I need to get some better tests, I have a API kit right now but It leaves much to be desired....

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedSea is great but has a relatively low range next to API and is more involved. But it is more accurate it seems and the color system is wayyyyyy better. I have both RedSea and API.

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil A360X refugium light. The light works just fine, nutrients are just too consistently low to try growing macroalgae.
Would love to trade it for a tuna blue or XR15 G5.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

ProfiLux 4e Starter Set.... Bought it a few months ago and just haven't set it up yet... I'm a little intimidated by it and not 100% sure which tank to put it on....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back