What is your job/occupation

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project Manager for a Mechanical Contractor, 40 years now.

For those that might not know what that means; we install plumbing, hvac, and mechanical systems, chillers, boilers, etc. in buildings being constructed like schools, hospitals, prisons , state and fed gov't buildings, etc.

Master Commercial Plumber for many years early on.

Can't say I love it anymore really, but don't hate it.
I am a pipefitter working on a new construction Nuclear power plant in Georgia. I'm currently involved in building a cooling water recirculation piping system that uses 4 - 160,000 GPM hydraulic pumps flowing through 10 foot diameter pipe.

Last edited:

smittysreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack of all trades, master of none. Mostly worked as a welder's helper, then welder on pipelines, and oil field maintenance. I worked for a time at a helicopter tour company at the Grand Canyon. Went to college for Network Management, but didn't finish. I currently build high end gaming P.C.s in my spare time, and run a local lawn service during the mowing seasons. I also take care of my disabled wife and disabled son full time.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I work for a car dealership in the GM parts department. I'm also in charge of all GM accessories.
Hoping to become department head one day, just need my higher up to retire ;Hilarious
Or a weekend in Vegas and a trial pack of that blue pill...that might be the weekend he needs.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am in my first year of medical residency and going for surgeon. I have no life and probably won’t for a very long time but rewarding.

Atleast you know it going in lol Sounds like a crazy amount of work and dedication.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am in my first year of medical residency and going for surgeon. I have no life and probably won’t for a very long time but rewarding.

LOL, yep that's pretty much the definition of residency! They have made it a little better though. It's like one of my clinical teachers said..."the only thing wrong with being on call every other night is you miss half of the pathology!"

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lead Aircraft Mechanic for the best airline in the world!
As a guy that's done it all as far as automotive repair I have always had a fascination with jet engines. Would love to tear one down, figure out how they work, and put it back together. Much respect to your field where comebacks are not an option.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... After being in and supporting military conflicts for the last 20 years, I am now an Enterprise Architect for a fortune 500 hardware company designing high performance computing clusters for .Gov for stuff like AI/Machine Learning, Big Data crunching, and other things Governments do with lots of computer cycles.

Been an interesting ride going from ground pounder to operations techno wizard to building things that you hope will not become self aware and kill my Gold Flake Clownfish.

OllieNZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a guy that's done it all as far as automotive repair I have always had a fascination with jet engines. Would love to tear one down, figure out how they work, and put it back together. Much respect to your field where comebacks are not an option.

I think you'd be surprised (and possibly disappointed) with how simple they are. Some of the ancillaries can be more complex than the engines themselves. I consider piston engines more mechanically complex and they're certainly more maintenance intensive..........
Don't have to do cylinder changes on turbines lol
20170807_153018.jpg 20170807_153041.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back