What is your job/occupation

Project Manager for a Mechanical Contractor, 40 years now.

For those that might not know what that means; we install plumbing, hvac, and mechanical systems, chillers, boilers, etc. in buildings being constructed like schools, hospitals, prisons , state and fed gov't buildings, etc.

Master Commercial Plumber for many years early on.

Can't say I love it anymore really, but don't hate it.
I am a pipefitter working on a new construction Nuclear power plant in Georgia. I'm currently involved in building a cooling water recirculation piping system that uses 4 - 160,000 GPM hydraulic pumps flowing through 10 foot diameter pipe.
 
Last edited:
Jack of all trades, master of none. Mostly worked as a welder's helper, then welder on pipelines, and oil field maintenance. I worked for a time at a helicopter tour company at the Grand Canyon. Went to college for Network Management, but didn't finish. I currently build high end gaming P.C.s in my spare time, and run a local lawn service during the mowing seasons. I also take care of my disabled wife and disabled son full time.
 
I work for a car dealership in the GM parts department. I'm also in charge of all GM accessories.
Hoping to become department head one day, just need my higher up to retire ;Hilarious
Or a weekend in Vegas and a trial pack of that blue pill...that might be the weekend he needs.
 
Hello,

I am in my first year of medical residency and going for surgeon. I have no life and probably won’t for a very long time but rewarding.

Atleast you know it going in lol Sounds like a crazy amount of work and dedication.
 
Hello,

I am in my first year of medical residency and going for surgeon. I have no life and probably won’t for a very long time but rewarding.

LOL, yep that's pretty much the definition of residency! They have made it a little better though. It's like one of my clinical teachers said..."the only thing wrong with being on call every other night is you miss half of the pathology!"
 
Lead Aircraft Mechanic for the best airline in the world!
As a guy that's done it all as far as automotive repair I have always had a fascination with jet engines. Would love to tear one down, figure out how they work, and put it back together. Much respect to your field where comebacks are not an option.
 
I am a pipefitter working on a new construction Nuclear power plant in Georgia.
you know I lived in SC for 53 years prior to moving to TX. Lived just South of Lexington. My brother lives in Augusta.

Best of luck and stay safe.
 
Well... After being in and supporting military conflicts for the last 20 years, I am now an Enterprise Architect for a fortune 500 hardware company designing high performance computing clusters for .Gov for stuff like AI/Machine Learning, Big Data crunching, and other things Governments do with lots of computer cycles.

Been an interesting ride going from ground pounder to operations techno wizard to building things that you hope will not become self aware and kill my Gold Flake Clownfish.
 
As a guy that's done it all as far as automotive repair I have always had a fascination with jet engines. Would love to tear one down, figure out how they work, and put it back together. Much respect to your field where comebacks are not an option.

I think you'd be surprised (and possibly disappointed) with how simple they are. Some of the ancillaries can be more complex than the engines themselves. I consider piston engines more mechanically complex and they're certainly more maintenance intensive..........
Don't have to do cylinder changes on turbines lol
20170807_153018.jpg 20170807_153041.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new