What would you do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter surfer85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

surfer85

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Murrieta, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I just registered for this forum. I've been in the hobby for awhile...anyways a fellow reef reffered me to this site for some acrylic help. My calcium reactor broke last night and it was a major PITA. The reactor broke at the fitting where the recirc pump attaches to. I'm wondering the best way to go about fixing it. I'm thinking either getting some acrylic glue and just glueing the two broke pieces back together (it was a pretty clean break) or take my dremel and remove the acrylice tube from both fittings, get the same size tubing somewhere and glue it back together. Any help is greatly appriciated.
 
Sounds like you could just get away with some Weldon 3 or 4 and then seal any pin holes with 16..
Put up a couple pics if ya could... I would be of more help with a pic..;)
 
You've come to the right place. Lots of good acrylic guys here and Troy is right up there with the best! Welcome!
 
P1090020.jpg

P1090019.JPG

P1090018.JPG


Pics of the damage.

What is comparable to Weldon 3 or 4? I might have something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new