Where to buy skimmer pump part?

avinzant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Skimz SC205 Octa Protein Skimmer. It has a Messner ASP4000 Pump. I am looking for a replacement needle wheel. Everything else is in good shape but I'm having trouble locating that part. Anyone have any recommendations for sources or know of any other brand parts that may be compatible? Thanks!

jackjofi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to try contacting the manufacturer of the Skimz SC205 Octa Protein Skimmer to see if they have replacement parts available or can recommend a compatible needle wheel from another brand. Additionally, you could try searching for aquarium supply stores online that specialize in protein skimmer parts and accessories. They may have the specific needle wheel you need or be able to recommend a compatible option. You could also consider reaching out to other aquarium hobbyists on forums or social media groups to see if they have any recommendations or experience with finding replacement parts for the Skimz SC205 Octa Protein Skimmer.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked there already, they have the whole pump listed but is not available. I didn't see any parts for it on their site either. Thanks!
What’s wrong with yours? Bushings wore out? Needle wheels don’t really go bad lol..

OP
OP
A

avinzant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s wrong with yours? Bushings wore out? Needle wheels don’t really go bad lol..
The magnetic portion rusted and expanded which cracked the plastic cover so it won't spin anymore. The needles are fine but I think that part comes all as one.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnetic portion rusted and expanded which cracked the plastic cover so it won't spin anymore. The needles are fine but I think that part comes all as one.
I have had to order these needle wheel impellers for skimz pumps from out of country.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it! I’m sure a sicce impeller etc would fit but you’d have to match them up.. I see it’s asp4000 pump.. that looks to discontinued.. you could prolly just switch the whole pump for a sicce with a little modification

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with an needle wheel on a aquamaxx pump (relabeled sicce). I ended up matching a similar one from an actual sicce branded pump. It worked, but it took some trial and error to find it.

After seeing how much the replacement pump cost, I realized skimmers are a racket for replacement parts. The pump itself was more than half to the cost of a replacement skimmer.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the price of an impeller for a Reef Octopus Varios pump, I think there are something like 30 bucks, the old of brand Sicce pumps were 80.

OP
OP
A

avinzant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it! I’m sure a sicce impeller etc would fit but you’d have to match them up.. I see it’s asp4000 pump.. that looks to discontinued.. you could prolly just switch the whole pump for a sicce with a little modification
Yeah I was thinking that too but for the price of just a pump it's almost better to just buy a whole new skimmer!

OP
OP
A

avinzant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with an needle wheel on a aquamaxx pump (relabeled sicce). I ended up matching a similar one from an actual sicce branded pump. It worked, but it took some trial and error to find it.

After seeing how much the replacement pump cost, I realized skimmers are a racket for replacement parts. The pump itself was more than half to the cost of a replacement skimmer.
I'm learning that now too!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back