Where to get clownfish mated pair??

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my system set up, and ready for 4 pairs, but my question is
Where did you find your mated pair?
Were they mature enough for breeding when you bought it?
In case I want to buy 2 clownfish, and force them into pair
How long does it take?
What size should I get?
Can you share your experience? ;)

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my system set up, and ready for 4 pairs, but my question is
Where did you find your mated pair?
Were they mature enough for breeding when you bought it?
In case I want to buy 2 clownfish, and force them into pair
How long does it take?
What size should I get?
Can you share your experience? ;)
You can get two unpaired clowns just make sure they are younger and one is visibly bigger than the other. Might have a few riffs but they should eventually bond. It took mine maybe 3 days and they have been together since! Got them at a petco too haha!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your setup that you are adding 4 pairs?

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get two unpaired clowns just make sure they are younger and one is visibly bigger than the other. Might have a few riffs but they should eventually bond. It took mine maybe 3 days and they have been together since! Got them at a petco too haha!
As I know bonded pair vs breeding pair are not the same, they need too be mature enough to breed. Trying to get a breeding pair I guess :)

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to your other question about pairing on your own. My current pair started as unpaired. I bought two juveniles about a month apart. A year later one carpet surfed. Added another juvenile about a month later. They have paired only recently have they been displaying breeding behavior. The female is about 4 years old the male 3.

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquariumcarecenter sale a pair but do you know is it a bonded pair or just 2 single fish

They are pretty responsive if message or call them think they are still open for the next 20 minutes if you call [emoji4]. They are my local lfs by chance [emoji23]

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to your other question about pairing on your own. My current pair started as unpaired. I bought two juveniles about a month apart. A year later one carpet surfed. Added another juvenile about a month later. They have paired only recently have they been displaying breeding behavior. The female is about 4 years old the male 3.
Alright, I have 2 black snowflake, one is about 2.5” I guest it is about 1.5 years old, I got it when it was only about 1.5”. The other one I had for 2 years 3.5”, and it was about 2.5” when I got it. I think I will try to pair them to see what can happen :)
Btw thanks for all the info

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I know bonded pair vs breeding pair are not the same, they need too be mature enough to breed. Trying to get a breeding pair I guess :)

Mine were young and have bred once already. They eggs didn’t make it sadly but they are still getting freaky haha

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were young and have bred once already. They eggs didn’t make it sadly but they are still getting freaky haha
Did you move the eggs to a different setup or left it in the main dp tank? :)

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left them in the DT. I didn’t want to risk moving them. I might try moving them if I see them again.

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Danh! We have a couple hundred egg laying pairs and also a couple hundred XL fish that would breed quickly if given space to themselves. I regularly will help out people interested in breeding with affordable egg layers or mature fish. I also enjoy helping people succeed with breeding if you need some help along the way. If you're interested in more info feel free to pm me

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back